Friday, March 27, 2009

Making It Work

Well it's been 3 weeks since Dh got laid off. Things are actually going pretty well around here. We have had some good news financially and are learning as we go. So how are we making it work?
1. Time together as a family. We have spent a ton of time together. Taking the kids to the park, the beach, reading together, watching movies. Just enjoying the time we have with daddy while he is home. This has helped us see a lot of the positives of the lay off.

2. Good old fashioned hard work. We all have to work together now to come up with less expensive ways of doing things. We are learning to cook more from scratch and stretching the grocery budge. I have some old sheets and stuff that the kids and I will be ripping up and turning into rags/napkins. I have cut up some of our old clothes to turn into other necessities. Some potholders or a new outfit for another child. Our garden is turning green so that's been a lot of fun. Cleaning and organizing does not take a lot of money and it's helping to turn our home into a more peaceful place during this transition.


3. Of course, daily time with God. Prayer and dependence on Him. After all He is the ultimate Provider. He will never leave us or forsake us. Look at how beautifully he has clothed the flowers in the fields. Can we expect less from Him when it comes to clothing our family?
Be Blessed!!

2 comments:

  1. I have been so out of the loop lately. I totally missed your DH getting laid off! I am so sorry, but it sounds like you guys are totally rallying! I will be praying for you my friend!!

    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all of your kind words. God is God and I know that He is working a great work.

    ReplyDelete