Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Food Diary - Tuesday

For breakfast we ate out with my mom. This is a tradition for Tuesday mornings. My mom is so gracious and she buys us a big breakfast.

For lunch we had peanut butter sandwiches and bananas. I had to use store bought bread because I did not make any this week. I spent a little extra for good quality bread without high fructose corn syrup. I can't afford some things that are supposedly needed for a healthier lifestyle but I do try to avoid products with MSG and high fructose corn syrup and dyes as much as possible.

For dinner I had a few packs of yellow rice. DH grilled a few chicken breasts and we chopped them up and mixed them with the rice. The rice was already flavored so we did not even need to season it. The grilling of the chicken gave it a great flavor with no extras needed. I steamed some broccoli and melted butter over it and some salt and dinner was served. The whole family sang it's praises. It was a simple meal with only a few ingredients that went together pretty quickly.

Tip of the day: Save all of your leftovers. Even if' it's just a spoon full of veggies. Look for dishes to add leftovers to and stretchhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Be Blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Ever tried left-over soup? Place all your left-overs in a ziplock freezer bag, in the freezer until it's full - then put the contents of the whole bag in the crockpot with some water or broth and let it cook for a couple hours (to completely defrost). Some of our best and most interesting soups we have come by this way! Just my pocket change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip, Mrs. B. I have heard of it but could never wrap my head around it. LOL

    ReplyDelete