Saturday, March 21, 2009

The News


What do you do when you get hard news? Do you shut down? Do you wail and moan? Do you look towards heaven? A week ago we got some hard news. DH lost his job. I thanked God. I was praising Him for showing us Dave Ramsey so we could get started and have some money in savings. I was praising Him for the opportunities DH can pursue now that he has some time off. I was praising Him for delivering DH from a horrible job he hated. I was praising Him for all the provisions I knew He had planned for us already. You see God was not surprised on that Thursday morning. He had his hand on my DH and on our family. Dh got a wonderful severance package that will help us out in the coming months. But even if he'd walked out the door with not a penny we would be ok, because God says that He is our Provider.
We have many options to pray through. It's kind of exciting. It's a little overwhelming.
Someone asked me the other day if I was freaking out. No. What would that accomplish? Would that help Dh get a job? Would that put food on our table? No. I'm not "freaking" out. I'm very peaceful. We have enjoyed having daddy around the past few days. We both know God has something great planned. It might involve us stepping out of our comfort zone a bit, or we might get to stay all safe and cozy right where we are at. Whatever God has planned for us we know He will provide.

8 comments:

  1. Good job Julie! Way to keep your eyes on the Goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that your husband lost his job but praise God that you see the Glory in all things. He has a better plan for you and you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear that Julie. I'll be praying for you all. {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ,
    Sorry to hear your DH lost his job!
    My DH lost his job 11 months ago!
    Keep your Faith! God will provide!
    All our Needs has been meet, and for that I Praise God!
    Have a great wk.!
    Blessins',Lib

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Praise Him in the Storm..."

    Keeping your eyes on Him will get you through anything! The new job search will be added to our prayer time - if you need anything, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie,
    I will pray for your job situation. Your post was a positive testimony to God's faithfulness.
    Sweetheart was laid off last December....right before Christmas,(and still is) though I praised God too. I had all the gifts purchased and had went with my "gut feeling" to down size and buy less. Sweetheart had been SO stressed at work for the last 2 months that his personality had changed. I praised God I would get my husband back....and I did....his stress melted off of him in one day. I praised God for the time Sweetheart would be spending with the little kids...he normally worked 65 hours a week. And daily I praise God for his provision....Jehovah Jaira, my provider, His grace is sufficient for me!....I love that song!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great testimony! I am so thankful to have heard about Dave Ramsey as well! I am totally getting on track with his program and feeling totally blessed by it :)

    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all! We are excited to see what God has planned for us!

    ReplyDelete