Friday, April 3, 2009

Homestead Happenings

So, whats been going on around here? Rain, Rain, Rain. Lots and lots of it. My garden is very green. Roy is going to put in two more boxes for me, I'm hoping this weekend. I have one box of mostly bell peppers and some cucumbers. My second box has mostly squash/zucchini and one row of banana peppers and one row of tomatoes. I keep praying over these boxes, it would be a big help to our grocery budget. Our neighbor brought us some cabbage over from her garden and it was huge. I am so going to grow some of those next time.
We have some new floors to get in. In three more months we will be painting and doing some touchups on the wood around here. Our goal is to have our house market ready by the end of this year. Of course that always seems to be our goal, but at least we have the means to make that happen now. We have been decluttering like crazy, but still have no room. Let's face it this house was built for a family of four who were never expected to actually LIVE here. The storage space is just sub par. :) But we make do. Creativity is the key!


Homeschooling is going well. I have to do evaluations next month for Karly and Kelsie so I'm busy putting there portfolios together. It stinks because I'm no where near where I wanted to be at this point, but we just keep pressing on. I have to change up what I'm doing with Tamara and Adrian some. Adrian is taking to reading a lot quicker than Tamara. We have been working through An Ordinary Parents Guide to Teaching Your Child to Read, but the kids don't like it and I'm slacking because it just does not fit our family. I'm moving back to my trusted Saxon Phonics and Explode the Code. These worked great for Kelsie I don't know why I thought I needed to change. :)
Well, I guess I need to get back to my day. Just wanted to update with some of the stuff around here. I miss blogging more regularly but it's been neat to see what all I can get done in a day. LOL
Be Blessed!!

3 comments:

  1. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. It is my hope that you will someday look back on this time and marvel at how you pulled together as a family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Laura, I am looking at it already. God is doing a great and mighty work in our home and Im so excited.
    Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to invite you to "The Conservative Homeschooler"

    As a homeschooling mom, I am concerned about the future of my children and country.

    So I joined "The Conservative Homeschooler" http://conservativehomeschooler.ning.com/

    If you, too are concerned about your childrens and countrys future, Please join me!

    God bless us mothers and give us courage and wisdom!

    A sister in Christ,

    Hannah @ http://preparingforourchildrensfuture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete