Thursday, April 9, 2009

Keep On Keeping On!


A couple of years ago my husband was sent in a new direction. A place far out of our comfort zone. God sent him towards a new career path. A different journey. Dh has faithfully followed after this path trying to discern from one day to the next what to do next. We have had times of awe when God swung wide a door we were sure would be shut tight. We have had low times where we thought surely we must have misheard God. Through it all we have trudged forward.


Recently, with another birthday gone by, we began to question again the direction we both felt God leading us in. Some people who know about the new direction are beginning to raise eyebrows and give little words of wisdom about how if it was truly God's will it would have come to pass by now. I myself was starting to listen to them. But then the other day I caught sight of someone in the field that my husband is being directed to. I watched this man work his work diligently and efficiently and thought of what a perfect job it would be for my methodical, patient husband.
Then I felt this restlessness. As clear as anything I know God was telling me that I have to keep supporting him in this. I have felt such peace about this career change. Such assurance. I don't know if Dh will ever end up in this field, but I do know that I am to keep supporting him and encouraging him to move forward.


It's been a long hard road. But God never promised it would be easy. He is testing our faith right now. Will we remain obedient when it looks like all hope is lost? Will we just go down our own path, the direction we would rather go because it would be easier and make us happy?
We know what God has called Dh to. As his helpmeet He has called me to the same path. I am renewed with hope in God today. I want it to happen now, but I guess David might have wanted to be King the day he was chosen. Abraham might have wanted to have a son the day God promised him one. Jesus' followers wanted him to take up the sword and become the physical King when He was here on earth. But God has a perfect time for everything. God does care about the little details in our lives.
I believe one day I will open this blog and post that my husband is now a ________. But, that day is not today. We have another long road to go down, but in the end we will be blessed for our obedience.
To anyone who does not believe God called my husband to this new path, I will be gracious. I will not argue. I don't have to, because we are going to press toward the mark. God's words will be fulfilled!
Be Blessed!


7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post~ It really encouraged me and God used it to speak to my heart.


    Also, where did you find the house pictures you used? I love them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a truly encouraging post. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.
    I too loved the pictures and wondered if it was your home as this is my first visit here.
    Blessings to you and your husband,

    Country Mouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for standing in the biblical place we as wives are to walk with our husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just the other day our pastor talked about a man who served God as a missionary in Africa for either 13 or 16 years (I can't remember which) before he saw any fruit from his effort. God calls us to be long-suffering, just as He is. May He continue to bless you both as you seek to serve Him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure people probably looked at Simon and Andrew pretty funny when they quit their job as fishermen to follow some guy around. But we know how that turned out! Blessings to you as you pursue HIS (not ours or anyone else's) will for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the comments.
    The pictures I get from either allposters.com or art.com. They are so lovely. I have bought a few pictures from both places and really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Julie-

    I would love to hear about your hubbys new direction. Please email !! I will be praying for you and your family.

    Many Blessings sent your way-
    Rachelle
    (only about 7 weeks to go !!!before baby # 10 comes. )

    ReplyDelete