Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Prayer Request

I feel a serious burden right now... I dont know if its my longing or if its the Lord calling me to it, but I really wanted to share something with you all as well as have a written reminder of it in the coming years.
Let me start by explaining something. I have had all of my kids names picked out for years. I knew their names in the order I would use them. So far I have not gotten to use any of them. About a year before we found out about Jonathan God gave me his name. I told my husband if we have a baby boy anytime I think a good name would be Jonathan David. When we found out that we were going to be getting a baby boy I tried to use two or three of the different names I had picked out so long ago, but I kept coming back to Jonathan David. So now, I have my Jonathan David. A few months ago I was really praying hard about having a baby. I so want more kids and I pray that one day I will have more. During my prayer time I caught a name. I shrugged it off until later when I remembered getting Jonathan's name the same way. Then I started to think about it. I went to hubby and asked for his discernment. He was not sure but he has always thought God would give us our own baby.
I dont know when or even how, but one day I will have a baby named Nathaniel Gideon. I believe that with my whole heart. It could be months or years. He could come from my womb or through adoption.
My prayer request is this, please remember us in the coming months/years. I have felt so burdened today to share this with others and to pray about it. I want this baby so badly. Its weird but I feel the same way I felt right before Jonathan was born. I was excited but apprehensive. I did not want to get my hopes up, but I could not keep them down either. I am praying about it constantly today. I finally told God that I thought this was a promise He'd given me and that I would believe on it, but that only time would tell. I dont know why Nathaniel has been on my heart and mind so much today. I dont know if its just the longing I feel or if its truly God reaching down and placing the burden on my heart.
Just so you know, I never even thought of the name Nathaniel Gideon when I was naming all of my imaginary children.
I fail so much as a mom everyday. I cant believe that God would actually entrust another one of his precious little people to me. I dont know why He would. I see the improvements in my life and I know I am growing and changing and one day I may be at a place in my life where my children will rise up and call me blessed, but I am no where near that now. I yell at my children, I discipline in anger, Im too controlling, I dont smile and play with them enough, we dont have a routine, I get too busy for them.... see how much I stink?
This was really hard to share. I told Roy and my mom and one or two other people my thoughts but did not want to advertise the promise because I was not, still am not, 100% sure about it. Does that make sense? Its one of those things you want to hide and then when/if it happens you tell everyone about it. Maybe God has laid it on my heart to share with complete strangers so that His glory will be revealed when it happens? I wish I was stronger in my faith.
Please pray for me when you think about it.

Be Blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Julie,

    I'll talk to you more about this later - but this part...

    "I yell at my children, I discipline in anger, Im too controlling, I dont smile and play with them enough, we dont have a routine, I get too busy for them.... see how much I stink?"

    Just wanted to let you know I am *so* right there with ya. When I look at my babies, sometimes I just wonder what God sees in me? I know He can see beyond today, beyond my limitations, beyond this world....but still.

    You are not alone, girl. God is working on us both!! PTL!!

    ~Trusting in Him more each day~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori is right! You're not alone in yelling. I think we all yell at our children. Some do more than others. Unfortunately, I'm one who yells more often than not. :(

    I will be praying for you on the baby. God gave me the name Timothy back in October 2000. I so desperately wanted a son. I started praying in July 2000 specifically for a boy. In October 2000, during my prayer time the Lord brought the name Timothy. I thought at first, He wanted to me pray for Timothy and then realized that I did not know anyone by that name. It then occurred to me that perhaps the Lord was giving me the name of our son! I went to my DH and shared that with him. He loved it, but wanted to use Enoch as the middle name. It took me a bit to get use to Enoch, but my DH's favorite person in the Bible is Enoch. Timothy Enoch means Honors God and of course Enoch walked with God. In August 2001, I found out I was expecting! I never doubted that it was a boy!

    So, I really do understand Julie! And am sooo excited for you! Will keep you in prayer!

    ReplyDelete