Thursday, March 15, 2007

My "dirty" little secret...

Well in blog land there are many different types of blogs. I tend towards the more conservative Christian homemaker blogs. Now in an effort to keep it real I have a secret to share. Are you ready?



I go to a Purpose Driven Church.

We have spent the last few months watching videos by Andy Stanley and Lou Giglio of North Point Church in Atlanta.

I laugh because I read all the time about how evil my church is.

My new Pastor loves God and his soul purpose in life is to reach out to the unchurched and share Jesus with them. The people I fellowship with in my new church feel the same way.

I have a post in my draft folder called the Truth About The Purpose Driven Church. I am still researching and writing it.
I dont agree with everything. I see too much watering down of some important stuff. But frankly our mission is to go out into the world seeking the lost and share Jesus. Thats what we are doing.
I hope no one stops reading my blog because of my little secret. Funny thing I never really thought about it being a secret until I recently read some serious bashing of Rick Warren and all things Purpose Driven. Im laughing as I post this. Its all said in good humor.
Lets just remember two things:
1. Jesus was a radical in His time, not doing things the "old fashioned" way.
2. Lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ is never evil.

3 comments:

  1. Julie,

    *GASP*

    I'm *shocked*!!!

    (grins)
    ~Lori~

    p.s. Dh just informed me our new church is also a PDC - who knew??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I laughed out loud! That was toooo much.

    I read some of the stuff at BW & in the blogosphere and swear I'm the only radical "heathen" out there. I totally know what you mean when you say you have "secrets." For example, I play piano in a worship band with a drummer who can bring down the house. We do He Reigns by the Newboys and other thumpity songs too. {gasp} Granted we just did 7 weeks to piano only tradition hymns of faith for the pastor's series on the character of God... But you know, that drummer could be the death of my "upright" image.

    I praise God that although we do outreach, we don't water down to get numbers - and I don't think we're purpose driven. We go where God calls us, not to some denomination.

    I'll still read you if you read me! We can be "heathen" together. ;)

    Oh the "check" is in the mail. Slightly, e'hem, delayed, but on it's way.

    Have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, you are so funny.
    Janel, you mean a drummer is bad thing?? We have one of those too!
    Oh dear.
    We did He Reigns one Sunday at our old church and the worship leader brought the kids up on stage. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete