Monday, January 22, 2007

My Two Cents....

So I posted this video a few days ago and I got some interesting feedback. Some comments and a few emails. I thought I would share with you some of the things I thought about it. First of all, I do believe in God's will for our families. I dislike birth control strongly. To be perfectly honest Im not exactly sure that it is the evil some make it out to be, but Im going to go with my gut and say that God told us to be fruitful and multiply and God loves children so preventing them just does not seem like a good idea. THIS IS MY OPINION. I dont look down on people who use birth control. I will share this with you though. I think a year of birth control right after I got married is partially responsible for the fact that I have not been able to concieve and there is no doctor in the world who can convince me otherwise. I have never been regular since coming off of the pills. Why is it we say "trust God" so easily with most of our lives but hold back family planning? Do we think God cant take care of us? Does He need us to step in and make sure that this is under control?
Now the part about the quiverfull movement Im not too impressed with. Although there is a lot of lip service given to understanding that God sometimes does not have big families planned for couples the action is not always there. I believe I might be a rare breed. I dont have a problem telling people that I have not been able to have my own child as of yet, but we are trusting God. Some people though do not want to discuss their infertility. Understandably so. I dont believe that infertility is always a curse from God. I dont put it past Him, but sometimes (I personally believe a lot of the time) it is a means to another end. I always knew I wanted to adopt a child and maybe more, but if I'd been able to have biological children easily maybe I would not have adopted the five children I have.
Having a lot of children is certainly a blessing, BUT having two or three children with the proper heart is just as much a blessing. Sometimes having no children is what was meant. I think this is a very RARE for married people as there are so many children out there who need to be adopted into Christian homes, but if God closes all those doors then you go on with your life serving Him. Some in the quiverfull movement believe it is all about the amount of children you have. I have honestly met people who thought they were serving the Lord having as many children as possible. Unfortunatly you need to take responsibility for those children and raise them to be God - fearing responsible adults.
Im not sure if Im just rambling or if any of this makes sense. We are "quiverfull" minded in the sense that we want all the children God will give us, but we also understand that this might be it. I get really sad when people tell me they are done having children. They just decided that two or however many was it. I dont judge those people. I dont condemn them. I just get kinda sad.

One more thing to add. I pray daily for more children. I have a infant swing that I look at sometimes and imagine another baby wrapped up tight swinging away in it and I pray for that baby. I pray hard. My stomache gets all knotty and my heart swells. I long for more children. I desire more children. I look at the ones I have and they make me so happy that I can just imagine three or four more would be icing.

3 comments:

  1. I think my problem was due to taking the pill in the first months of my marriage, as well. I was able to have kids, but only with some medical help. My hormones were messed up and I was not ovulating.
    I agree with your post. Well-stated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to say I love you, girl.

    MM

    ReplyDelete