Sunday, October 29, 2006

Natural Healing

I wanted to take a minute and tell you about what happened a few weeks ago. My oldest daughter came to me with symptoms of a urinary tract infection. I used to get these all the time growing up and spent many weeks on antibiotics. Now that I know about yeast build up due to antibiotics I wanted to see what we could do without them. So I researched all night. I sent her to bed with a bottle of water. A few hours later I gave her another bottle. Throughout the night I made sure she drank plenty of water. This is very effective in flushing out the bad bacteria. The next day she was not allowed any sugar. I gave her lots of plain yogurt with blueberries mixed in. She also took a cranberry suplement three times that day. Once mixed in with her yogurt, once mixed in with some water and once she just wanted to swallow the capsule. I kept her drinking water. By the next morning she told me that she felt much better and it did not hurt to potty anymore. I kept her on the plan for the next two days just to be safe and she felt completly better by the end of the week. I never even had to call te doctor.
Please dont freak out and think that I would not take my child to the doctor and even have antibiotics in a minute if I needed to. Had she not shown any improvement the next day I would have taken her, but I think its important to know how to take care of our children without a doctor if we can. I read about all these possible epidemics and though Im not paranoid they make me think about what I would do if a doctor was not readily available for my family. Would I be able to take care of them? Just a thought to ponder.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,
    I've had the urge to learn and implement more about herbs, nutrition and healing naturally as well! There are a LOT of others~There is a message board with a wealth of information should you be interested to check it out.

    www.welltellme.com

    Hugs,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,

    I do the same thing with bladder infections. My teenage daughter woke up with one yesterday....I did the same thing....flushed her with fluids...plenty of unsweetened 100% cranberry juice, cranberry capsules, and NO SUGAR. She is feeling better today, but I told her she needs to remain on this regimen for a couple of days. I know that I get UTIs when I am not getting enough fluids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done the same thing. I got a UTI right after I found out I was pregnant with #1, and really wanted to avoid antibiotics in the first trimester. I was able to!

    ReplyDelete