Sunday, October 29, 2006

Healthy changes

Just thought I would update on the changes around here.
We are drinking water almost all the time now. Occasionally we will brew up some cold brew tea from Lipton, but thats only when we get a craving. LOL
We are drinking at least a cup of Kefir a day. We get ours at Publix. Its the Lifeway brand. I have been searching ebay and a few other places to look for some starter grains.
Hubby and I are drinking raw milk. We are not comfortable giving it to the children yet and I dont know if I will say when we do, because some people might twist it around and try to accuse us of being negligent. I will report on how hubby and I do on the raw milk. We did a ton of research before we decided to go for it. We read alot of pro and a lot of con and eventually decided to try it. Taking the kefir daily will help any stomach problems we might encounter. I will tell you this about the milk its the best stuff ever. Its so yummy. Its thick and creamy and very filling.
Im reading through the Maker's Diet by Jordan Rubin. Im preparing to start ridding my body of yeast and I need to follow a pretty strict diet the first few weeks, so that the Yeast Assasin can do its work. A lot of people have suggested the Maker's Diet as a great way to go. I also have some books about yeast on hold at the library if I ever get down there.
We eat oatmeal and honey every day for breakfast and plain yogurt with fruit and either honey or maple syrup for lunch almost every day. We are eating beans and rice at least once a week. I just finished my first batch of chicken broth. I made like two gallons of the stuff with some chicken thighs that I got on sale. I threw those in with water, carrots, onions, garlic and basil. It smells so good and cost me pennies to make. I know everything that went into it and I feel like I accomplished something.
I made whole wheat bread for my family most of last week. I still need to tweak it a bit, but the kids liked it.
Im amazed at the energy I have. We went for walks almost everyday last week, in the morning. Im looking forward to incorporating another walk in the evening soon.
I was amazed at all that I accomplished last week around the house, in spite of being very ill a few days because of the time of month it was. And I can not recommend peppermint tea enough for this time period!! Im loving the new healthy lifestyle. Its funny all the verses I have run across in my daily Bible reading that deal with food. One day I will have to post about all of the interesting things God says about food. Of course I want to post some of the information I found out about raw milk to. Im also hoping to perfect some recipes and share them as well.
Ok I have to go, the kids are ready to read. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment