Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Staying Home

So God just keeps convicting me. Believe it or not Im actually ENJOYING the things God has shown me in the past few weeks.
Here is a look at my schedule
Monday: Home
Tuesday: Bible Study, Play date
Wed: Home
Thurs: Home
Friday: Errands

Now last week looked like this.
Monday: Doctor for baby
Tuesday: Bible study, play date, haircuts
Wed: Playdate with new homeschool group (it was raining so we did not do this. Instead we ran errands all day!!)
Thursday: Home
Friday: Home

I have a Bible study I really enjoy on Tues morning. I think Im going to keep that. I am however going to see about playdate with my friends happening monthly. I just joined a homeschool group and they meet once a month for park days, once a month for a field trip and then once a month for meetings. They also have a co op that meets every week which I was struggling with joining. I will stay with the homeschool group through the year and see how it goes. But I will not be joining the co op.
I really need to be at home. I need to be homeschooling, playing with my kids, reading to them, and keeping my home. I will go on field trips once a month, maybe do the park day once a month, and visit with my friends once a month. I am also not going to put my kids in any extra activities for now. The exception is when we get a piano, the two older girls will start piano lessons. I will try to keep errand day on Friday, because thats our light school day. I just need to be home more.
God has shown me that through a lot of different ways. Im frustrated because I dont think we are getting anything out of homeschooling (or at least not what I think we should be getting out of it) its becoming book work. BLECH! My house is a disaster no matter that I spend most of the time I am home puttering around it. And we are down to one car for the forseeable future. Its a pain to drive all the way across town twice a day. A pain! And when its raining and rush hour...well lets just say I use that time to praise the Lord Im not working anymore! LOL
I had a revelation the other night. Ya know in pioneer days unless they lived in a big town the kids rarely had school. Maybe they had church a few times a month if they were fortunate. The kids saw their friends on rare trips to town and when familys came a calling. They adapted and made do with socializing with their families. Why cant we be content with this as well? I mean my kids get church every week. So thats more socialization then the pioneer kids had, right?

Ok thats my soapbox for today. :)
Be blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I love it when I have a whole week (Monday-Friday) and the only place I have to go is grocery shopping on Fridays, especially as winter will be here soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete