Wednesday, December 7, 2005

A recipe

I got this recipe from the latest copy of Light and Tasty magazine. My MIL gives me a subscription to this every year.

Christmas Carol Ham

2 pounds fully cooked turkey ham, cut into eight slices
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/4 c unsweet pinapple juice
11/2 tsp white vinegar
1/4 tsp ground mustard

Place ham slices in a 3qt slow cooker. In a small bowl, compbine the brown sugar, pinapple juice, vinegar and mustard; pour over ham. Cover and cook on low for 2-4 hours or until heated through.

My family loves this dish and it usually does not produce leftovers. Dh and I are always caught snacking on it.

The first time I made it I did not have time to put it in the slow cooker so I just cooked the slices in a baking dish. I think it was like 30-45 min at 350 degrees. The second time I used the slow cooker and it came out just as good though I use more ham than the recipe calls for because 8 slices would not do it around here, so the crockpot was really crowded. Tonight Im going to do it in the oven again. Its such a simple and good recipe that I plan on serving this as our ham on Christmas day.

No comments:

Post a Comment