Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Grocery Shopping with Children

Last night we had to make our tri-monthly trip to Sam's Warehouse. We filled up two big carts and DH and I laughed ourselves silly putting together the puzzle called, "How do we fit all this into our van?" At one point I lost Adrian under a pile of meat, but we quickly found him. LOL.
I love going to the grocery store with all of my children. First of all they are well behaved so it does not bother me to take trips out with them, second of all I love to watch people's reactions. I put Adrian into the cart seat and then pair up the two older children with two younger children. They then walk directly behind me. I feel like a momma duck..hmmm or maybe a little like Noah since they are paired by twos behind me! LOL They are not allowed to touch anything unless mommy (or daddy) says "ohhh feel how soft this is!" (or something like that). They are allowed to act as goofy as they like as long as they are not loud, in anyones way, and holding the hand of their partner at all times. I love going shopping with them.
Last night we met a woman who had fifteen children! We talked to her for awhile. She commented on how sweet the children were and of course my children ate it up! We oohed and ahed over movies, clothes, books and a box of 1,000 crayons. The warehouse club is so huge to little ones. They were in awe of everything. We saw a kid's motorized corvette and I had to laugh at Karly's observation that not many children could fit in that car.
My pantry, feezer and fridge are not stocked through January and I feel happy. My children had a good time grocery shopping. And hubby and I got to glory in our children. Great night!

1 comment: