Sunday, December 4, 2005

Im so excited!!

I just found the greatest Christmas present for my little girl. Grandmother's Hopechest. Oh I cant wait until we can read this together and do the project. I got her the first book and project kit, but I read you dont need the kit so maybe Kelsie can join us. Karly has been chomping at the bit to learn to sew and my great aunt who lives in Alabama advised me to start her on handsewing. My great aunt is an amazing seamtress. She sells quilts that she hand stitched for thousands of dollars. She has made period clothing that sells for more than I can even comprehend. If she says to start my darling off hand sewing, then start my darling off handsewing I will! See, I dont have a problem learning from the aged women. :)
I did not get my Christmas decorating done yesterday. Hubby asked if we could do some heavy duty cleaning and decluttering of our bedroom first so thats what we spent the day doing. Im hoping to finish the Living Room tomorrow and then Tues night maybe my love will take down our Christmas decorations. My mom is giving us her prelit tree because she got a new one this year. Im excited and plan on putting our old tree in the school room and letting the children make decorations to put on it. I think it will be fun.
I have to finish Christmas shopping this week. I also need to get some baking done for my grandparents anniversary dinner on Saturday. They have been married 59 years and love each other more everyday. They have been through a lot together and I will have to post about it, later.
Im off to bed..g'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment