Monday, December 5, 2005

Ahh, the joys of children.

Right now my little people are frantically working to make a surprise for me on the table. Something about cleaning and putting the table cloth on. They make me smile. Im to stay out of the room until they are done.
Well the dreaded lice monster has returned. We had it nipped for a while but Friday both girls had nits (eggs) when they came home from school. We did not find any live ones so I think we got it early. PRAISE THE LORD!! But there were hundreds of them and just when I thought I got them all I found more this morning before school so we are in the process of getting rid of them all now....again. I also found a few tiny tiny bugs so Im thinking they must have just hatched. The girls really cant afford to miss any more school so Im stressing out some. I had to give them a break though. They have had thier heads shampooed and picked through all weekend and most of this morning, since around 7am. Im sure you all dont want to hear about the nastiness that is head lice but I thought I would blog about it because I know I am frustrated and discouraged and maybe there is someone else out there who is feeling the same way. I just want them to know they are not alone. DH ordered something off the internet last night that we should have by Wed at the latest. We are going to try it and I will let everyone know how it works. Maybe it will be a miracle cure. We have tried everything else. Believe me when I say our white sheets are drab from bleaching and hot water, we will probably all get cancer from the amount of lice spray I have used on furninture and mattresses, and our rug is getting bare from vacuming and shampooing. Also the children have lost almost all of their stuffed animals. But all it takes is missing one egg.
*Sigh* I know the teacher will say something to me about missed school again, but I just dont know what to do. They cant go with head lice, they are not allowed. Kelsie seems to get it the worst and she missed two days two times last 9 weeks with the dreaded bugs. On top of my dad dying which she missed three days for and a stomache flu which took two days to heal from and a cold and fever which was two more days..I know she is missing a lot of school but not because I want her to! This 9 weeks we have missed today for head lice and I think at the very beginning of the nine weeks she was out for two days with it. I took her to the doctor that time because come on this is ridiculous. He gave me the prescription I asked for..... when I took it to get it filled the lady informed me it was over the counter stuff. Which I had used millions of times before! I was so mad! She missed one day with a stomache virus, and three days with a fever and cold, that was diagnosed as the flu by the doctor. I asked him why she gets sick so much and he said some kids just do. I have been giving her vitamins and a glass of OJ a day like he recommended but he said not to stress she is just one of those kids. Of course the school talks to me like Im an awful parent, but guess what? If I sent her to school vomiting, or with a fever they would send her home!
Anyways I just dont know what to do. Im going to try to get her to school today. Heading in for another head combing now. If I can finish soon she can be there by lunch. I CANT WAIT UNTIL WE CAN HOMESCHOOL!!! :)

Thanks for letting me vent!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Julie! So sorry about the lice. We've never had them but my best friend's kids have gotten them over and over and she is the cleanest person ever. In fact, she used to clean my house! Is it a blonde thing, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for telling me about your clean friend. I know a lot of people think lice is for unclean people but the truth is lice LOVE clean hair. I have threatened to not let my girls wash their hair for few months to see if that works! LOL.
    I know my blond child seems to get them more than anyone else. Of course after going through the blond child's head and the brunettes head I will take them in the blond's head any day of the week. It was impossible to see anything in my brunette's head! :)

    ReplyDelete