Saturday, December 3, 2005

Good Morning!

Well I woke up this morning thinking of everything I would like to get accomplished today. I thought I better make a list. I have discovered in the past months I am a list person. Now my only problem is transferring my list into an action. I can make lists all day long but that is not going to accomplish anything, I actually have to do what is on the list! Believe it or not this is a foreign concept to a lot of people. I know it was to me and there are websites devoted to people who have this disorder. Believe me I belong to all of them. :)
Christmas is just around the corner and for the very first time I am hosting Christmas dinner. It will be my mom, brother, cousin and her three children, mother and father in law, at least one sister in law, and hopefully our goddaughter and her parents from Tampa. In preperation for that I have on my to do list today:
Clean the carpet in the great room.
Dust really good.
Clean the ceiling fan light fixture and blades.
Clean out the fireplace.
Clean all the glass in the room.
Get everything out that does not belong.
Get the Christmas decorations down and go through them.
Get the Christmas tree up.
Plan the menu.

See I am going to be busy today!! I also would like to finish our Christmas letter and get it printed out and get our Christmas cards ready to go. I lost my address book so I will be calling people to get addresses. I have a list of about three people who should have all the adresses I need.
We are going to hang up a Jesus stocking too. A friend of mine started this one year with her little children and I loved it. Every day each child writes or has written for them something they did for Jesus today. It then goes in the stocking and on Christmas morning before the presents are opened we open the stocking and read aloud all the good deeds. Then we will read the Christmas story and have prayer. Then the children can open their presents.
My anniversary is next week and I think that I am going to ask for a Christmas decoration shopping spree. Ok maybe not a spree because I wont go all out ridiculous but there are a few things I would like to have. A new tree skirt, stocking holders, table cloths, candles...just a few things.
Ok well I better get busy. What is everyone else doing to celebrate Christmas this year?
Im especially interested in how you will keep Jesus as the reason for the season.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the Jesus stocking idea. I think we may have to do that around here, too.

    We have a little Christmas tree up in the RV; it's cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie - wow, your to do list looks like mine - too much to do. Its good to make lists but better to check them off. Good luck on that.
    I agree the Jesus stocking is a great idea. We may have to try that. I think one way we will keep Jesus in the season is I will have my son think of people he knows or we know that aren't as fortunate as we are and do something this Christmas to help them annonymously - like getting them food or something they need or want. I am hoping this will make Brandon more conscious of what he has and what others don't and help him and me to get our focus off ourselves and onto others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We spend Christmas Eve at Aunt B's, of course and Christmas Day will be with my in-laws. We are exploring new traditions for Christmas and Advent. We have our Advent wreath that we are using this year like last year. We are also doing a Jesse tree this year during Advent which is new. Unlike what commercial industry wants people to think, we will also be celebrating the Christmas Season through Epiphany not beginning it in August and ending at noon on Christmas Day. We participate in a program at our church called "Diapers for Baby Jesus" where we collect supplies for the Emergency Pregnancy Center. When the kids are older we will be doing more.

    Hope you had a great and productive day!

    -Monica

    ReplyDelete