Thursday, December 1, 2005

Randomness....

Im still working on getting us all unpacked from our week away. I cant believe its already December 1. Most of the children's Christmas shopping is done. I still need to go to Joannes Fabric and Craft store and pick up a few things for Karly. This year I want to teach her cross stitch and hand sewing. Or I guess I mean next year. She will also learn how to bake. In June I want her to know how to make at least two things almost all by herself.
I have had a few more run ins with teachers the past couple of days. It just makes me more impatient to homeschool. I got a couple of Explode the Code books at Rock Solid the other day I also got the revised version of Well Trained Mind. I am hoping next month to pick up Teaching the Trivium. I have not read Teaching the Trivium yet and am looking forward to it. Im writing up curriculum lists from my reading of the Well Trained Mind. I need to plan out buying curriculum so its not a whole lot of money at one time. Saxon math which we will be using is on sale this week at Rock Solid and I really need to switch some money around (maybe from Christmas and groceries) so I can get it at the bargain its being sold for.

Around the House:
I have been keeping up with the kitchen pretty good. Of course my pot rack fell off the wall the other day and my poor pots dont have a home so they just sit stacked on the picnic table until we can get the rack back up. I gave away a few small appliances through freecycle so now I have some extra shelf room.
The other day I happened to notice I had some bananas going bad so I quickly made up 3 loaves of banana bread. I know you can freeze over ripe bananas but I usually forget they are in the freezer and they just go to waste. I put one loaf on the table with dinner, one loaf on the counter to snack on throughout the week, and one loaf in the freezer.
I have tried and tried to repaint our playroom and I just cant make it work so Im thinking I may have to strip the border and start all over. Maybe just use one color this time.

Whats for dinner?
Spaghetti and homemade garlic bread and fruit salad.

3 comments:

  1. The Well-Trained Mind is a good book, and Teaching the Trivium is a great book.

    I still reference The Well-Trained Mind from time to time, and right now I'm reading Teaching the Trivium. I love it! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cross stitching is really cool. I used to do it all the time and have made a ton of stuff...just don't have the time to do it now, but I do love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie!

    Could you share your banana bread recipe? Also, How did you add your random blogroll? I have not been able to figure that out!

    ReplyDelete