Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Boys and Girls

Its raining. It rains every afternoon lately. My children enjoy sitting by the window and watching it rain. It brings me such joy to see this peace and contentment in thier young lives that they are fascinated by rain. Of course my four year old little boy uses his imagination and sees clouds rolling down from the sky and tornados. My five year old little girl sees flowers getting a drink of water. Its amazing how differently they think.
We enjoyed wandering through Toys R Us the other day and the girls and I oohed and ahed over the craft kits and the baby dolls and the dollhouses and the boys oohed and ahed over the science kits and the dump trucks and remote controlled cars. My husband took great delight in showing the four year old the volcano kit. Hmm.. I might just see about getting the two of them a Science Kit for Christmas so they can play together and explore. My hubby found this "cool" gadget that vacuums bugs into this canister and then you can examine them through the clear class before transferring them to this little bug kingdom. Of course C thought this was the neatest thing he ever saw. I dont know if that is what I will purchase for Christmas! :)
I love my little family. I love being with them and serving them. I love making my children smile and making my husband smile. I can truly say right now I am CONTENT! This brings tears to my eyes because I have struggled so long with contentment. I knew it was something I was supposed to have but oh my how I kept missing the mark. I always wanted just one more thing.... No more (at least not today). Today I sit in awe of the rain and how it has captivated my children. Today I sit and snuggle my two year old close as he sighs "Mommy I love you!". Today I watch my five year old put together a puzzle and then smile at me because it had 40 pieces and she did it herself. Today I watch my three year old snuggle her baby in her arms and rock her in her own rocking chair. Today I watch my four year old defeat an invisible dragon and smile and say he saved me! Today my husband will come home and walk around in awe at the changes I have made around the house while he was at work. He will be pleased. I know him well enough to know he will like the changes and the path towards organization they are leading to. My heart is overflowing with love and contentment and joy. Yes I feel joy in there as well. Praise God for all He has allowed me to have. All He has given me. Oh how He has blessed me beyond anything I could ever imagine.
Its a good day!


Around the house:
The school room/Library is almost complete. The books are up. The desk is up. The children's table is in place. Now all I have to do is move in my reading chair and two more bookcases. Little ones. One holds my stero and all right now but will soon hold devotional books and Bibles and the other is the kids craft bookcase, with crayons, scissors, markers, chalk, coloring books, and puzzles.
The playroom/TV room is together. The toys line the walls and behind the couch and the videos are safely tucked away in the closet.
I have given away tons of toys, books, household decor, and clothing. My home is coming together! I am so excited.
Almost all the dishes are done.
The children's laundry is at a managable place.
Beds are made.
Dinner is in the crockpot.
I feel like a homemaker!

No comments:

Post a Comment