Wednesday, June 8, 2005

Preparing to leave

Today was a busy day around here. Im preparing to leave any day now to go with my mom to Alabama. I have an uncle up there who is in the final stages of cancer. Its really sad because he and my aunt were married only about a year and a half ago. She was married before to a man who was a paraplegic for thier whole marriage. I thank the Lord for my husbands health but I know that that could change in the blink of an eye. My mom and dad had been married for some years when he was diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy. When I think of all the dreams they must have had on thier wedding day and how a few years later they were all changed it floors me. I feel blessed to know though that God has provided me with so many strong Christian women who stand with thier men through sickness and in health. I believe that if God takes you to it then God will take you through it. I dont think He will give us more than we can bear. He is our Strength and our Refuge! I pray so often that my husband, my children, and I will stay healthy but I know that if a day comes when we are not that God will be right there to see us through!
1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
Psalm 59:16 But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.
Psalm 62:7 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
Psalm 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Psalm 91:2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Praise the Lord!!


Around the house:

Ok so I am getting ready to go and leave my sweet sweet capable man with four children ages, 2,3,4, and 5. I have been running around trying to figure out what I can do to make this easier on him. I am going through as much laundry as I can. The kids laundry has been piling up for days now and as of today it is down to half its original size!
Im in the process right now of making two loaves of bread. I will probably make two more tomorrow or the next day if I am still in town because my family can go through some bread. :)
I want to make a batch of cookies for my troops to munch on while Im gone and maybe some breakfast bread. Right now as I wait for my little family to return from Church I have creamy chicken and rice in the oven. It smells divine! I want to post recipes as soon as I have time to type them up. I have found the easiest white bread recipe and it is nothing to make two loaves.
I am giving the kitchen a good cleaning and tiding up our bedroom.
Im working on putting outfits together for the kids for church Sunday because I really think I will be gone and Prince Charming hates trying to figure out what they should wear to church.
We bought a lot of easy meals at Sam's yesterday so he should be ok on food. I may thow together some easy recipes for him just in case.
I still need to clean the bathrooms and vacuum the floors.
I also worked on the 50lb bag of sugar we bought at Sam's. I emptied a lot of it into a container we store the sugar in and some more into a rubbermaid container that sits on our kitchen counter. Hubby said he would do it tonight but I thought I would help him out and take care of it. Plus I really needed it out of my way so I can sweep and mop the kitchen floor. Well at least sweep. No use mopping til kiddos are done with thier supper. :) Im also trying to figure out what I should pack for my trip. Im thinking I should do that now because my mom wants to go as soon as we get the call. I wish I had some more wash and wear skirts they would make the trip great but alas we dont have the funds right now for any additions to the wardrobe. I will probably take a couple of pairs of pants because of the ease with which they travel. And of course a dress for the funeral.
Well the kids are getting baths so now is my time to sneak in and sweep and mop the kitchen floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment