Thursday, June 23, 2005

What about your friends...

Not much going on today. Our van is broken. My brother says he thinks it is the starter switch and he said he could probably replace it this weekend if we get the part. I think he and my hubby dear will go tomorrow night to get the part since its payday. There is some sort of something where you pay extra for the part and then if you bring the broken one back they give you some money back because they will recycle it. Im praying thats true because we could sure use the money we are putting out for this.
I read a great article at LAF about friendship. It had a check list of how to act around other ladies and I have to say it was a real eye opener. I am thinking about priting it out and passing it around to other ladies in my church. We could sure use a reminder to keep our mouths shut sometimes.
Hubby had to reformat our hard drive while I was gone and was thouhtful enough to save some of my more important stuff stored on the computer. Like my blog for instance... :) Last time he reformated the hard drive he lost a picture of my grandaddy. The very last one of him ever taken at Christmas. He died unexpetedly a few short weeks later. I know hubby felt awful about it though no one blamed him. This time he was extra careful though saving things that made me laugh. Kinda like when you move 15 times and find you have carried freezer food with you from every house! :) I am so grateful for this wonderful man who thinks of things like saving my info before reformatting! Could I have a sweeter guy???
One thing missing is our Bible on the computer. We have to find the disk for that and load it... it is essential to my blogging as I am always searching for verses with it. :)
We are going to Central Florida for the Fourth of July and hope to take our other daughter with us. K should be moving in near the end of July and we want her to meet the family. I know hubby's sister and her family from Illinois will be there and I am hoping his sister from Atlanta will pop down too. His sister in Illinois has two boys. Ryan is ohmigosh... almost 15??? No way! Hmm.. maybe... and Matt is 7 or 8 I think. He might be 9 though. They live so far away and we only see them once a year. Although I am really really hoping to go up there this fall for a visit. Hubby and I were wondering if we should get a hotel when we go see his parents. It will be an awful lot of people in his parents two bedroom mobile home if we dont. Praying about it because we really dont have the money for three nights in a hotel. He has another sister who lives here in town with us but refuses to speak to us so I dont think she will be there. I would love it if she was but well... we shall see. :)
Our girls' worker was here today. We have started talking about the adoption process. We have thirty days from June 7 to see if thier mother will appeal her termination. If she does not then can start the adoption process 3 months after K moves in with us. Our target date is June 2006 though. Works for me as long as they are mine by next school year. I dread dread dread sending my babies off to school when I know they should be here with me. But I have to leave them in God's hands and watch over them very carefully.


Around the House:
Still trying to jump back in. I veered way off from the schedule today but am proud to say I cleaned the carpets where my bookshelves will go and finished emptying the bookshelves.
The bookshelves have been moved and I finally devoted one whole three shelf bookcase to the children. Thier books were so totally taking over the house. I put thier school books on top so they wont be tempted to play with them. I am going to have a desk set up in there and thier little table so thats where the school books should be.
Tommorrow I hope to finish the bookshelves and then move into the playroom and kitchen. Im excited about the rearranging going on here.
I also listed some stuff on Freecycle. Things I thought I would never get rid of are getting ready to head out the door and I am quiet excited about it! We had three cheese lasagna rice for dinner and it was so yummy. I got the recipe from one of my Light and Tasty cookbooks. I love Light and Tasty they have real ingredient that taste real good! :)
Well I am off to do the dishes.. the wonderful dishes from dinner... (sung to the tune of we're off to see the Wizard..) :) I have made a goal to do my dishes everynight before I go to bed. Even if I have to do them at 12am.

1 comment:

  1. Your foster children are so blessed to have you as their mother. :-)

    ReplyDelete