Thursday, June 16, 2005

Black and White

My computer has been zonked these past few days and I am hating it. Isnt it funny how dependent we get on these things? Yesterday while the kids were napping I wandered around the house aimlessly. Usually I take some time when the kids are down for computer time if my daily chores are all done. Its probably a good thing to go without computer for a little while. I read some, did some little projects, read some cook books... little stuff I normally dont find time for.
I just started scrapbooking not too long ago and my mom has asked me to do up three albums for a birthday party she went to in Alabama a couple of months ago. She wants to give the three women celebrated these books. Well I could only use some of the pics but I am making a little headway. They wont be fancy thats for sure but I think they will be nice.
We are still waiting on the call about my aunt's husband. I know its stressful for us here at home not able to do anything and jumping every time the phone rings I can only imagine what it must be like for my two aunts up there watching this and being helpless. All I can say on this blog because I believe that some of the details of what he is going through are too personal to share is it is getting bad and every report I get breaks my heart a little more. The pain just seems unbearable to me.
Oh, the other day I mentioned breakfast out with the girls? Well when I checked my email there was a email newsletter I get from Pamela at Welcome Home. Guess what the subject was..... respecting our husbands! It was so awesome that I shot a quick email off to her about our breakfast and forwarded her email to our group. I got an email back yesterday from one of the ladies in our group the one that actually started the discussion and she was so thankful. We were so excited about the Lord's timing. Im so happy when the Lord confirms things for me. I am 26 years old and have been married for 4.5 years. Technically I am the youngest adult at church and the one married the least amount of time so I am amazed when the Lord uses me to pass on His marital wisdom and people actually benefit from it. It blesses my heart immensly.
Im having some difficulty in this area to though because I see so much in black and white. Especially things that come from the Bible. I want others to see what we are missing out on by not following God's plan as outlined in the Bible. My loving sweet supportive husband is always reminding me that I am at a different place in my spiritual walk then those around me. I take things literally. He keeps me grounded because I would proabably become a crazed street preacher if he was not here. I would literally be beating people over the head with my Bible because I believe it is the one True Word of God and I dont understand what is so hard for others to grasp. There are so many areas that God is still working in me on and I feel unworthy at times to try to teach others but I believe that there is a future for me in helping other women out. I truly want to help women find peace and hope through Jesus Christ. There are many times I am going through a struggle and I think, "Ok Lord what is up with this?" and then I begin thinking of how I can share this struggle with others and use it to stregthen my words to women in the same struggle I am in. I dont know if that makes sense but I believe that God uses our struggles and trials so that we can minister to others around us when they face that same trial.


Around the House:
Here is a verse I am thinking about today
Proverbs 31:11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
My husband's best friend is coming to visit this weekend. He has had a rough week and I need to make sure that my man has a nice comfortable place to entertain, uplift and encourage his friend.
The house actually looks pretty good. The floors were vacuumed today and all the stuff is picked up off the floor.
I still need to finish the kitchen. Hmm... it seems that that room is never done. I have to declutter and straighten my baker's rack and my white wire shelf that holds all my appliances and of course... sweep and mop! :)
I have been emptying my bookshelves because I am moving them to another room. Right now they are in the great room but they are going into a front room in our house that is supposedly supposed to be the dining room. The only problem is the dining room is not really big enough for more than a six person table.. so I am moving my kitchen table into the great room where the bookshelves were and then one day I will have my HUGE table and it will go in there. Im a little nervous about how Im going to make it work and look but I usually do pretty good at stuff like this. ... We will see. :)
I dont know if they will want to go into our bedroom to play on the computer so I need to pick up in here and straighten up so they can if they like. I need to wash some sheets and blankets so he will have a nice fresh bed. And last but not least some cookies so they can have a snack! :)
Im off to help with the munchkins... bed time ya know.

1 comment:

  1. Howdy! Just wanted to let you know I've been here .... haven't read this entry yet, but I'm going to .... as well as the rest of your entries. Thanks for your comments on my blog. Look forward to getting to know you a bit more. Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete