Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Im Home

Im home safe and sound. I had a great trip with my mom and a good time getting to see family members we dont get to see to often. I am already planning a trip to take my family up there soon. I cant wait for everyone to meet my children. My very favorite part of the whole trip was on Monday. Right before the funeral we were at my papa's sister's house sitting on her porch and listening to her talk about her yard and days gone by. She is a true Southern lady. The funeral was lovely and what a testimony this man left behind. I am so sad that I did not have more time to get to know him here on earth. I was so excited though to think of him walking with Jesus.
I was a little sad at the funeral about something else. I met one of my mom's cousins and he looked and acted just like her younger brother who went home to be with the Lord so many years ago now. I wanted to weep with longing for my uncle whom I miss so much. He never got to meet my husband or dear children but somehow I think he knows all about them and how happy I am.
My mom and I had a nice drive home though we did end up stopping right outside of Atlanta for the night. We got a phone call on the way home that my uncle was involved in a motorcycle accident and after many many many more research calls we found out that he had to have a complete hip replacement. We were really worried about my grandparents. Would they try to drive straight from Alabama to West Florida where my uncle was? They did not. They decided to come home and rest and then when my uncle goes into rehab they will go over there and be with him. It was a very trying weekend for my family to say the least. But once again God was with us.
I am so thankful for my godly heritage. Both sets of my grandparents are saved.. two living in Glory already and my mom and dad are saved. I know my dad's father's, parents were saved not sure about my dad's mom's family. On my mom's side my mom's dads parents were saved not too sure about her mom's parents. My husband struggles sometimes because he is a first generation Christian. He did not have parents and grandparents praying over him as he was coming up the way I did. As I mentioned before hubby has come up with a vision for our family so that we will not perish. Our children will have the reassurance knowing they were well prayed for.


Around the house:
Today was a day of just trying to get back in the swing of things. Hubby was home as he took three days off not knowing when I would be back. He did a great job keeping the kitchen clean so I only did a few dishes in there. Im still working on getting my bookshelves moved. Maybe tomorrow.
Oh here is something great! We did not have any tea in the house and Prince Charming and I were both craving some tea so he took some packs of green tea and made sweet tea out of those. It tasted wonderful and is so much more healthy than just regular tea.
I was a bit frustrated as hubby wanted chicken and dumplings for dinner and I could not find a recipe for dumplings. Everything said use baking mix or canned biscuits. I wanted to do it from scratch with some flour. So after a desperate search through all my millions of cookbooks I found a recipe but was dismayed to see shortening listed. I hate working with shortening and wondered if there was anyway around it. I signed on to All Recipes. This is the greatest website. You can search using inredients you want and ingredients you dont want. So I put in the ingredients I want, flour (so I would not get baking mix dumplings) and the one I did not want was shortening. I got a lot of recipes. I was not impressed with the ones I made last night. I will try some of the others and find one that we all enjoy.
I walked around the neighborhood with my mom today. We were delivering invitations to a Southern Living At Home party she is having. I have been a consultant for a little over a year now. I enjoy it and only do about four parties a month so Im not gone from home a lot. Hubby likes that I get a little extra money every month. :) I know some dont like the at home party system they say it is a farce. But I tell everyone I will do it until it becomes a burden to me.
Well I better turn in. I need to get back on schedule tomorrow and that means getting up early.

1 comment:

  1. Green tea is about the only type of tea I like, and it's a good cancer fighter and preventer.

    Chicken and Dumplings? We just had that for dinner a few nights ago. I do use a baking mix though. I use Bisquick, but I used the Reduced Fat kind, because it doesn't taste like a mix. It tastes homemade. ;-)

    ReplyDelete