Tuesday, July 5, 2005

Over the weekend and A small Vent

WOW have we been busy? Last Wed night we got a phone call at 10:30pm. It was Central Placement (the people who call us when they have children needing to be placed in foster homes) and they had a sibling group of four just removed. They wanted to know if we could take one or two for the night. I talked to the guy there a long time before agreeing to take the two year old little boy... with the understanding it would be VERY temporary because the spot I have open in my home is for my oldest girl K to come into at the end of July. I actually asked that they find a permanent placement for him by Friday afternoon since we were going out of town for the weekend and wanted to take K with us. Well here it is Tues and the little guy is still with us. Dont get me wrong he is a sweetie and I truly wish he could stay but well... he cant. I just dont have room for him. :( Im sad to because the longer he stays the more attached he becomes to us and us to him. My other children are already used to seeing him around. There really should be no problem placing a two year old. Believe me plenty of people want babies and toddlers. GRR!
We made it down to see my inlaws over the weekend. The kids were a huge hit with my sister in law and her husband. as I said before they have two boys so Uncle Dan just loved playing with the girls and they loved him. Our new litte charge did quiet well for himself as well. Lots of love and affection while we were there.
They had a boat parade and my sister in law and I bonded while we decorated Grandpa's pontoon in festive red, white, and blue colors. I blew up thirty balloons! Thats a lot of balloons! We had my three oldest and her two boys on the boat with grandpa waving flags like mad. Out of the 6 boats that entered ours was the only one with cute grandkids on board so... of course we won first place. A bottle of wine for grandpa and a pack of Hershey's minitures for the kids... and of course Aunty Karen and I. :)
The bad part of the trip was Grandma had a broken wrist. She broke it last Wed. She went in for surgery today to have a pin put in. We have been praying for her but have not heard how it went yet.
My sister in law and her family are leaving tomorrow to go home but first they will stop in Atlanta and see my other sister in law. I am still hoping to make a trip to Illinois to see my sister in law. We wanted to do it in the fall but that might not be possible maybe spring or early summer. Not sure yet.
Hmmm... oh yeah my friend at church had her baby Friday. A little girl Gabriella. Im sure she is beautiful even though I have not made it over to see her yet. Hoping to go one day this week. This baby was a blessing to her and her husband. They tried for a long time to have thier first baby and now three years later SURPRISE! God hears us when we pray. This is a lesson for me as I long for a baby of my own.

Around the House:
Trying to get caught up after being gone over the weekend. Clothes to wash, dishes to finish, children to retrain! :)
Pretty much today I have stayed busy by making up a schedule for July and rearranging responsibilities. Working on my Home Management Notebook and tweaking it a bit.
I have done a lot of laundry. A load of dishes. Im going into the kitchen soon to make sandwhiches for the children for dinner and work on a Moravian Sugar Cake. Even though we have apple pie and ice cream galor from this weekend I have been wanting to try to make this for awhile so I put it on the menu for this week and today is the day to make it. HEY I did not know we were coming home with all this apple pie. :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice to "meet" you Julie. I think you are an amazing person to do foster care. I would never make it past the home visits right now but one day I hope to do foster and/or adopt. I can't imagine how hard it is to say goodbye though.

    Hugs to you, glad you won first place and had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete