Thursday, July 14, 2005

Toilet Play

What a wild week we have had. My oldest K moves in Saturday. Today I was shopping for another chest of drawers for the girl's bedroom. I could not find anything in my price range at the three stores I went to so instead I got a 6 drawer plastic rolling cart thingy. It should do for now. I have some reorganizing to do but it will work out ok. Hubby and I are going to get the bunk beds up tomorrow. So the girls will have more room. Im so excited.
Funny story. We took the sides off of our 2 year old A's crib tonight. Mainly because he broke one side. So we talked all night about his new big boy bed and how exciting it would be. So I put him down tonight and he says ," I big boy!" with the biggest grin. Im thinking, "yeah I will be in here all night putting him back to bed." Well every time I went in he was still in bed. I then realized I did not get any pics of him and his first night in his big boy bed. So I snuck back in and he was still awake as were the other boys so I turned on the light to take pictures. It was so funny him squinting through the light and saying cheese! Im a scrapbooking mama so YOU know I have to take pictures of everything! LOL. So I just went in there to make sure he was still in bed... and he was on the floor. All wrapped up in his blanky. It was great and if I was not afraid of waking them all up I would have taken a picture.:)
So today my children decided to play in the toilet. We have had a few weeks of telling them no playing in the bathroom (after we found someone had wasted all the shampoo) and what do I find when I walk to the playroom FROM MY SICK BED! to check on them? Water everywhere.

Me: "Where did you get the water?

Them: Blank Stares

Me: "Is it raining in the house? Why is it all wet?"

Them: "Um...." as the four year old little boy scampers behind the couch.

Then I notice one of the two year olds is not in the room so I inch back down the hallway.. there he is filling his little cup from the toilet.
They all went to bed... they'd been out of bed exactly 3 hours! It was just the safest place for them.
Now before you start saying, oh your babies were thirsty. You must not be giving them enough to drink.
They appeared at my door about 5 minutes before the incident and asked for a drink. I promptly arose and gave them one. Im a good mommy! :)
I had to run to the library to pay some long overdue fines and my mom who had a terrible headache insisted that she must go to Lowes right now to get chairs and would I please drive her. As the least sick of the three of us I did just that. Hubby who was home asked what time the children should get up and I told him.... NEVER! LOL Just kidding but I did say I really did not care. Of course when I got home they were up and happy to see me.
After dinner we had another discussion about not playing in the bathroom. We'll see. I told them anytime they were caught playing in the bathroom they would get in trouble. No excuses.
Consistency is the key.

Around the House:
Not much. Everyone has been under the weather with a stomach virus so we have been vegging out a lot. I keep the dishes done and the living room picked up but the laundry is sky high! I did some of hubby's clothes for work and a few of the children's clothes and some towels but just the bare minimum. Im starting to feel better though so I hope to get more done tomorrow. I need to rework my Home Management Notebook to include my 8 year old so I might do that some tomorrow as I doubt I will have much energy. I need to get into her room and get it ready for her and I promised hubby our room would be clean by the end of the week. I promised this on Monday when I felt good. He granted an extension BUT I want to get as much done today in here as I can. I have a ton of filing cabinets that I am going to use to store my craft stuff. Thats the main problem in our bedroom. I set up my sewing/scrapbook/craft area in here so I can be near hubby while he plays on the computer. And it exploded. I have stuff everywhere. I have not even worked on sewing or scrapbooking because of the mess so Im excited about getting it cleaned up.
Ok Im off to bed. Must sleep so I can accomplish everything tomorrow. Praise God we are starting to feel better!

1 comment:

  1. Get better soon! :-) I'm excited that you're adding 8yr old to your binder. There's just something about it, that makes it special.

    Also, I really liked the comment you left on my page, about wanting to homeschool your little ones, when the state gets their nose out of it. Go Girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete