Monday, August 24, 2009

Third Annual No School For Homeschoolers Day

Every year on the first day of public school I like to take my kids out to do something fun. We celebrate the flexibility of homeschooling. My kids learn again to appreciate the fact that they are not stuck behind a desk all day long. Most of the time we have other homeschooling friends join us. It's a lot of fun.
This year we went to Chuck E. Cheese. I have been reluctant to go there. My memories of Chuck E. Cheese were of loud, chaotic, madness. It was so not that today. The music was a little loud and annoying, but the lights were nice and bright. I had a clear view of the door from our table. It was pretty empty (school being in session and all) and honestly compared to other places I have gone with the same atmosphere the prices (with coupon) were not all that outrageous.
We will probably do it again.

Altogether we had twelve kids, four moms, two dads and a GG (great grandma). Another dad joined us just for lunch before he had to go back to work.
Like a dolt I forgot my camera so you will just have to believe that we had a good time!
I'm looking forward to some more fun outings with these moms and kids.


Do you do anything special to celebrate homeschooling?
Be Blessed!

5 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! Our first day of ps around here isn't until Sept. 8th, so I have time to organize a little outing - FUN!

    Glad you all had a good time~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a terrific time!! Thank you so much for inviting us to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! This is what I love about homeschooling too. Glad you had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie. I accidently bumped into your site looking for keepers at home. Nice to meet you and find your site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This year we had a "back to school party" We let the children pick out what they wanted for dinner (hot dogs, of course!) and played lots of fun games, with prizes! They had a great time. At dinner, I made a little speech about how much I love homeschooling them and want a blessing I consider it to be. It was so fun!

    ReplyDelete