Friday, August 21, 2009

My life as of now..

I am on a new computer and have not transferred my pictures over here so I am stuck using art.com lately. Of course I love it because it gives me an excuse to drool over all the lovely pictures there. :)
I thought I would post a brief update on this thing I call life.
Dh is still unemployed. I can't say it's been all that bad. I love having him home. Today we are heading out to the beach to meet some friends.
He is going to be a part of a program with the unemployment office that will pay for him to be certified in a field of his choosing while receiving unemployment.
We are also working during this time to get our house fixed up so we can put it on the market. Our plan is to put it on market while he is doing this certification program so when he's done we can be ready to go, go, go.
Of course as we all know sometimes our plans are not the plans God has for us, so everything is very tentative. The kids have enjoyed this month of no school. I am planning to start up back up in the next couple of weeks. I have to order some books and finish my schedule. In a stroke of genius I decided to schedule us not using dates as much as days. Day 1, Day 2, Day 3.. then I never feel like we are behind and I never push three days into one frustrating me and my children.
I am looking forward to some more structure in the day. The kids are all showing some serious behavior problems and I know it's just the lack of having certain things to do throughout the day.
I am excited to start Ambleside with the kids. I have decided since it's our first year that we will all work on Year 1. I think the books will be challenging enough not to bore the big kids while still easy enough that they can gain confidence in narration and paying attention. The little kids can learn from the big kids and I think that will help them as they get comfortable with narration.
So there you have it a glimpse into my life right now. Hope you all are doing well.
Be Blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Julie,

    Where are you planning on moving to, once your home sells?? Are you staying in the area, or are you moving up here to MI? ;););)

    My kiddos too need the structure that our hs'ing routine will provide.....I can see all the behavior issues stemming from a long summer (w/ moving & the baby - it's been crazy).

    Have a lovely day, my friend~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie--I have been doing the Day 1, Day 2, etc. concept for a couple of years. I love it. I was really stressing out when it was November and we were still on late August/early September work. Now I just check off a number when we finish that day. Makes it so much more flexible while still having some structure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MM, Michigan is definately in my top 10. Seasons, good homeschool laws, seasons, seasons, seasons... can you tell whats important to me?? LOL I would love to move to a different state.

    dottie, I had so much fun making up our lesson plans this go round.

    ReplyDelete