Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Someday...

I have decided! One day I will look out my window and see trees that look like this! I will know what a crisp Autumn day feels like, smells like, looks like.
I will don my long sleeve orange shirt, my brown corduroy skirt, my brown tights and brown walking boots and listen to the leaves crunch beneath my feet. At night my children and I will snuggle under quilts (homemade of course) in front of the fire and eat popcorn while daddy reads to us or we just reminisce about the day.
Someday...



When Christmas comes around I will look at my window and see this! I will ponder the beauty as I heat up the hot chocolate. I will listen to my family laughing around the puzzle or board game for the evening. We will share hot chocolate and cookies before bed, while laughing over the day that was.

During the day we will sled down the hill (ok they will.. Im a big chicken). I will clap my gloved hands and shout with joy and glee as they tumble over into the soft snow. I will be in a sweater. OH! I can't wait to wear sweaters. I love sweaters. (Hand knit of course!) We will stomp back into the house. As the older children get the younger children undressed, I will make some more hot chocolate. We will have soup that has simmered all morning and sandwhiches for lunch.
Someday....
A girl who has lived her whole love in FL can dream can't she? ;)
Be Blessed!


4 comments:

  1. From a girl who grew up in the south and is now living the dream... it's amazing! And yes, I do sled down the hill!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, MICHIGAN Momma here ~ and YES, it's just that awesome!!

    Now granted, by about February, I get a little annoyed at having to zip up four little coats, make sure everyone can find both their gloves/mittens, locate each little crocheted hat and for goodness sakes, where did you put your boots????

    Other than that, it's great!!
    Keep the dream alive~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I must be your opposite, I dream of the day I can feel the warm sunshine on my shoulders no matter the month! I miss the sun in the winter and past years have even got a bit of a seasonal depression over it. This year God has helped me alot. I just finally listened to my husband when he asked me to start trying some outdoor winter activities like snowshoeing and that has helped to beat the winter blues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dream but be content where you are too.

    Doing the whole playing in the snow thing is about the same as getting the clan ready for the beach or pool, just with more clothes, heat, and cold foods to follow up. Cleaning up tracked in sand is probably equivalent to cleaning up tracked in snow--unless of course someone has tracked in red clay soil, which makes it harder in either case! :-)

    But yeah, I was so glad to leave Florida!

    ReplyDelete