Thursday, March 27, 2008

Roasted Chicken

In trying to better follow the Nourishing Traditions lifestyle we have been eating a lot of good food lately.
My all time favorite for the past few weeks was roasted chicken.
It was so good and easy.
Basically I took a chicken. Washed it inside and out. Stuck some Thyme sprigs inside. Rubbed the chicken down with melted butter and garlic. Roasted it on one side for an hour and then the other side for another hour. It was perfect!
We also had steamed cabbage and steamed cauliflower and broccoli. The secret to these yummy treats? Lots of butter.
Everyone ate and enjoyed!
We also noticed that because the chicken was $3.00, the broccoli and cauliflower mix was $1.00, and the cabbage was $2.00 we fed our whole family on $6.00. YAY!
If I ever get another camera I would love to show you some of the foods we are eating. Nourishing Traditions is not nearly as hard as I used to think it would be.

Be Blessed

1 comment:

  1. I have got to get this book! So many familys rave over it and the life style it promotes.

    ReplyDelete