Monday, March 24, 2008

Just one more....


I keep seeing this picture and I really wanted to use it again. So I thought I would post one more thing today. Ya know because I have been so bad at posting lately.
I am praying super duper hard for my empty womb lately. In December I will turn 30. I have started praying that the Lord will let me be pregnant by my 30th birthday. I am asking for all the prayers I can get here. Jonathan will be 3 in January. Thats a long time without a baby. :)
I know it is all in God's timing, but I don't think there is anything wrong with being specific.
One of my favorite women teachers Beth Moore said in one of her Bible studies that we can remind God of times he has done what we are asking in scripture. I have been doing that every morning in my prayer time. I say, "Remember Lord, when Hannah or Rachel or Sarah asked you for a baby and you heard them and gave them a baby? Well, remember me as well Lord. Please!"
God and I talk about a lot of stuff in my morning prayers. Thats where he sometimes tells me to change up my day. Then we talk about how thats going to work...it always does by the way.
A lot of my prayers lately have been, "Change me!" I know I need a change in my life. Sometimes I pray that if I am doing anything to hinder having a baby (health or obedience wise) he will show me. I really think a lot of it is because when my baby comes it will be all in God's glory.
Remember when I first posted about our promised baby? I still feel that way. I hope I am not making a complete fool of myself, but then if I am, so what? I am putting my faith in action. I am telling others about Gideon Nathaniel (thats his name by the way. I thought hubby wanted Nathaniel Gideon but when I explained what I thought God had told me a little better, he said we better use Gideon Nathaniel since thats what God wanted. ;) )
I will praise him with our without my baby. (Ahem... I would rather it be with though, Lord!)
Yesterday a man visited our church with triplets. Is it greedy of me to want triplets? LOL.
Anyway, Im done babbling...just wanted to use that picture and ask you to join us in prayer.

3 comments:

  1. Julie,

    I will remember you in my prayers! The desire for a child can be so overwhelming and even all-consuming at times. My SIL and I would tease each other that we were addicted to pregnancy tests. Her husband (my brother) would say, "Yeah, she's down to 5 tests a month now."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely know how you feel. We've been praying & trying for our first child for eight years now and it's so hard. You'll be in my prayers.

    PS - I agree, triplets would be SUCH a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie :)

    I am praying that God blesses you with a baby soon!

    If you don't mind, maybe you can pray that God will grant me a husband (I know you have in the past :) and then I can ask you to pray for me to have a baby too! :) hehe

    Blessings,
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete