Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Moving Day

I am so excited. My exclamation key does not work or else you would see a ton of those in this post. LOL
We are moving. No not my family, my church. We are moving out of the home of my dear, dear friends and into a elementary school. We move on May 13. Mother's day. Yes. My mother's day will be chaotic, rushed, frantic, spent running around from about 7am til 12, and amazingly the most exciting Mother's day. Well other than my first Mother's Day with my kids. That was THE MOST EXCITING. :P
Right now I am working on making sure that we have a working nursery at the school. We have a great group of people. Everyone is ready to donate. Of course logistically we have to be able to move whatever is donated around from place to place because we cant store it in the classroom at the church.
My friend who will be in charge of the kids will sent me a great list of what we will need. Im happy because it means that my baby swing and excersaucer and bouncy seat will not have to sit in the attic until Gideon makes his grand entrance, whenever that is, soon Lord, please. No he is not on the horizon yet, but we still have faith that he will be one day. Anyways, back to the real post.
So moving day is just around the corner and how exciting. The best part for me is watching from the inside. Im the type of person, I like to have my hand is EVERYTHING. I feel most put together when Im in the middle of all the chaos. Being part of the lead team with my husband has been such a great experience for me. I love being there to hear the decisions being made. I love giving my input on some small detail. I know the church is to be led by the men, but I dont have any problem sitting next to my husband as he leads. He loves when I make a suggestion or give some input. I know whatever I say is not the law it is just that, a suggestion. I love the fact that my new preacher has a couples lead team.
This is an exciting experience for us. We know we are where God wants us. We know that God is going to bless this church off the scale. Its going to be great. I will post about our first Sunday and let you all in on a little of the excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment