Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Spiritual Warfare

Well Im back. Pretty much today has been trying to jump back into routine...which did not happen. First my two older girls woke up with terrible colds. Raspy breathing.. you know. So I kept them home from school. Then I got a phone call this morning saying that my two year old E the emergency placement from a month ago was going home to his mom and could I have him ready in a few hours. So mad dash around trying to get him ready to go home. Then after I put the others down for a rest I got a piercing headache and had to lay down myself. I have been so tired today. Im pretty sure its just the emotional come down from this past week.
I dont have much to write about today. I have been reading some Frank Perretti books lately and of course as always they have me thinking about spiritual warfare. I was in my twenties before I knew this was real. I remember having a dream that Jesus was going to come back and I had to be in a specific place at a specific time and if I was not there I would be left behind. Welll..... I woke up from that dream in a cold sweat and seriously doubting my salvation. I remember reading 1 John over and over that night and many other books of the Bible. I contemplated calling my preacher because I was still battling a racing heart and upset stomache. See Id grown up in the Southern Baptist Church and had not been taught about spiritual warfare. The next day when I talked to my soon to be husband he told me I had been under spiritual attack the night before. Since that night we pray together every night before we go to bed. We pray over our children and teach them to pray also. We pray for one another. I have never had another dream like that one. I know some reading this will think me dopey or extremist..believe me I dont go around preaching spiritual warfare but I dont turn a blind eye to it either. It happens. I accept that. I pray for strength for our leaders, for our church. I pray protection over my vulnerable children. I pray for my husband, myself and my other family members. I pray for power over adversaries in the spirtual realm. I read my Bible and stay immersed in the word. This is how I fight. Not with holy words or carelessness but with the full armor of God.
Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Ephesians 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Ephesians 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Ephesians 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Ephesians 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;


Around the House:
My house is in great shape. My friend came down from North Carolina with her two girls this past week. They watched my children while I went to the hospital and helped my mom with funeral arrangements. Of course she went above and beyond and kept my house in tip top condition. I am trying to think of a special way to say thank you to this wonderful family.
I am still working on my MOTH schedule. Had to put it on hold this past week but Im back at it. Almost done. I also wanted to start preschool this week but something else took priority. I have decided though that I will love the flexibility of homeschooling. It has been such a hassle making sure the two older girls go back and forth to school and have all thier work done and everything they need. And now Im sweating it because its the fourth week of school and already they have missed three days. One is the day my daddy actually died, one was for his funeral, and today because they were truly sick. My five year old will miss tomorrow because she has a doctor's appointment and they are only in school for half a day so there is no point in taking her to school for the two hours she would be there. Plus she is not looking any better today so I doubt she could go to school anyway.
My friend that was here from NC is homeschooling her four this year and it was easy for her to come down and help out because she did not have to worry if they started school a few days late.
I have to get my supplies together for preschool. I have a rubbermaid container and I figure I will put everything I need for the week in there and that way I wont constantly be searching for stuff. We will see how that works.
OK Im off to finish the spaghetti.

1 comment:

  1. Julie,

    It's hard to keep kids well when they're in school. I noticed when my kids were younger that it seemed they were sick from November to March every year. I'm sure it wasn't true, but it seemed true.

    How many kids of your own do you have and how many foster kids? Also, how do you give the foster kids the sense of stability/permenancy that they deserve and need even though they and you know they will be moving on again? How long do you typically have foster kids? Do they get along well with your own kids? Lastly, how do you assure that your own kids' needs are met while meeting the special challenges associated with many foster kids?

    Mina

    ReplyDelete