Thursday, August 4, 2005

Scheduling...

Today we ran around in circles AGAIN! Im a little frustarted because it seems that out of my six children there are 4 Social Workers. Well three of those Social Workers have been beating down my door (or I guess telephone) trying to set up visits for this week. They have til the 26th to do them! On top of all that I have other people who need to see the children calling as well. I know they are trying to get all the school aged children seen this week before school starts BUT Im home all day. I only have two heading off to school and their worker has not called me at all! Its just been frustrating because Im trying to run around and finish all my last minute stuff and find out teacher's names and orientations and so forth and so on and these people are calling at 8am saying... "Oh I have to see so and so TODAY!" They are so disorganized. But its ok because I have already decided on my new MOTH schedule I am going to allot 1/2 hour in the morning three days a week and thats when visits will take place. It will be during a down time in our day and the children will be available to talk. I think three days a week will give more than enough flexibility and if I have to I will pull the schedule out and explain why I am doing it this way. Too many disruptions in my day! Im usually the type of person that will bend over backwards to be accomadating but with six small children and a household to manage I have to have some boundaries. Most of my workers will appreciate the scheduling but I have one or two who will balk Im sure. But I will stand firm. Im homeschooling (preschool) two this year and I will have two 2 year olds running around as well. Im determined to make my MOTH schedule work with the grace of GOD.
Im dealing with some discipline issues with the 8 year old that Im not used to. She has had 8 years to develop bad habits and bad character qualities. I now have the task of reshaping her. Its taking a lot of prayer and patience and creativity. She wants to do well. I have to say it is not her fault she is the way she is. Since the age of 6 she has been in about 3-4 different foster homes. Most of them offered no consistent discipline. I have seen some improvement with our consistency and love. I hope to see many more. One thing we are trying to do to address character issues is to look up Bible verses. Its easier for her to comprehend why something is wrong when we can give her factual evidence. She is making progress.
Well in three months time we can start the adoption process. I would love to see everything wrapped up by Christmas and depending on how the school year is going take them out of school at Christmas to start homeschooling. I dont know yet though. Thats a very big IF! I dont know if we will be able to adopt by Christmas the Worker (who is one of the ones I absolutly LOVE) has started talking about taking it slooooow. Im not sure why as all three girls are excited about being adopted. But we shall see. And I might not have any problems with one year of schooling. I am going to take a wait and see attitude.
Around the House:
Dishes
Laundry
Dishes
Laundry
Dishes
Laundry
Dishes
Laundry......

1 comment:

  1. Where ya at? How you doing? You alive? You're not too stressed are you? How's the kiddos? How's them Social Service visits going?


    I know you got your hands full and are real busy and all ... was just thinking of ya today, so thought I'd leave ya a comment and see how you're doing.


    Brandy

    ReplyDelete