Wednesday, August 10, 2005

School days

Ahh... school started Monday. The girls did great the first day of school and I was so happy for them. I miss them a lot but they have good teachers and the day really rushes by. Im having fun with my little guys at home. They are completly different on thier own. Especially my three year old girl T who is exerting herself a lot more. Its nice not having all the children vying for my attention but I know that this is not the best for them either. I miss my girls. I cringe because I dont know what this year holds. I learned the other day that they start really early getting the kids ready for "evolution training" and what not. My eight year old informed me the other day that we humans are part of the ape family... NICE! I hate that they are getting this kind of information from someone they have been taught to rely on for GOOD information. Dont get me wrong so far (day two) I really like the teachers they have. My kindergartener has a young teacher who is perky and pretty and sweet. My eight year old has a teacher who is an older lady who was sweet at the door yesterday and KA came home with good things to say about her. I guess I just dont feel right having my children being "raised" by someone else all day. They are away from me like 6.5 hours... thats a long time! But we will make do with what we have. I have already volunteered to help out at home with projects for the teachers. I feel like if I am actively involved in the goings on at the school I wont miss anything. God is good and will bless my children this year as I pray for them. Its not the ideal circumstance but then come on... can God not still do a good work? I pray every morning with my girls that they will be a light and bring honor and glory to God with whatever they do. I just turn them over to Him... and mutter many many many little prayers throughout the day.
I have not started with my preschoolers yet. I am hoping to be ready for them next week or the week after. Right now Im just trying to work on my MOTH schedule and get the house organized. I have to admit I have let the munchkins watch a video everyday this week so far. Just a short one while I did some little stuff. Of course that is not a permanent thing at all! It has helped while I work on the MOTH schedule though.

Around the House:
Things are starting to look good around here... not great but GOOD. Baby steps. The boys' rooms is almost completely cleaned and organized. The girls' room is at least neat at this point. This is where I have spent most of my week at. In these two rooms trying to get them nice and relaxing for my little people.
I have started implementing the schedule some.. in bits and pieces and I see a difference already. Although I have to say that I am worn out today. Not sure why but I tried to at least do the basic stuff, pick up, wash dishes, and laundry, today. Then I thought I really needed a break so I thought I would come blog because I have not been doing that this week. Well thats all I have for now. I will keep you all updated on my MOTH schedule and the girls' at school though.

No comments:

Post a Comment