Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What's a girl to eat?

Not much going on there right now. I am having this weird craving for bite sized frosted mini wheat cereal. It's insane. I can not eat brown rice. Most of the time I can't eat poultry unless the flavor is HIGHLY disguised. Eggs are also a food I have had to force on myself.
Because of dietary restrictions pasta, chips, and potatoes are pretty much off the table.
So, to recap, no bird, no brown rice, no pasta, no potatoes, no tortillas, no tortilla chips.
What's a girl to do??
Meatloaf. Lots of meatloaf. Turnips instead of potatoes. Lots of veggies.
PB on whole grain bread. Cheese on whole grain bread. Salads. OH my how I love salad right now. Tomatoes. OH my I LOVE tomatoes right now.
And, sigh, frozen dinners. Yep. I have been eating those nasty frozen dinners from WW and Lean Cuisine.
I had to give up my diversion to lunch meat. Yes, I know about Liseteria. I also know that I have to be able to eat something! PLEASE! My OB told me to eat the lunch meat. It might have had to do with the tears being shed in his office that day. I am a hungry girl. :)
The good news is if I could just hold to a lot of this diet, minus the nasty processed junk, I really think I would see a difference in my weight post baby.
I gained 10 pounds during my first two trimesters. In this third trimester I have fluctuated between one and two pounds gainage. My baby gained two pounds the same time I did, coincidence? :)
As a big girl those numbers are not too low, just so ya know. Can you imagine if I get to the end of this pregnancy having gained only 12-15 pounds? I would be ecstatic! Not because weight it important to me, but health is.

Be Blessed!

2 comments:

  1. I crave tomatos also I wonder why that is?
    I have to be careful how I eat because of my blood pressure being a little feisty this time around. I love salad, fresh fruits and have grown to love whole grains...sttill at the start of the third trimester I gave in to my sugar cravings...I gained a whopping 10 pounds in one month..so there's the proof, with normal natural foods I gain slowly and small amounts. With junk you gain a ton right away :( I was average before pregnancy and so far still within the "healthy" pregnancy weight gain but still 10 pounds all at once was ridiculous.
    You could cook a roast and shred it for lunch meat, or try some vegetarian alternitives that are high in protein like garbanzo beans, lentils...maybe tofu? I don't know about the carb counts on those. Good luck with a healthy pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oddly enough, I'm massively craving HARD CIDER! That's right. Alcohol. And, of course, I can't imbibe! Driving me nutso!

    Otherwise, my food repetoire is dwindling because of heartburn. Cold cereal...gone. Bananas...gone. Citrus...gone.

    I'm also dying for a bologna sandwich with cheese and spicy brown mustard, but of course bologna is one of the worst lunch meats to eat.

    Oh, you might want to see if your local walmart or grocery store sells natural lunch meats. I think the brand is Hormel? Then at least you won't be loading up on harmful nitrates.

    ReplyDelete