Thursday, April 15, 2010

Craziness

This nesting thing is going to drive me CRAZY! No lie. I'm in the middle of reorganizing and cleaning up my bathroom. Every time I walk in there I want to scream! Because of tiredness, five children, a cold, aches and pains... I have been at this project for over a week. In a few minutes while the kids are taking showers and finishing up evening routines I will go in there and finish. One week on one small bathroom! Then! Then! I want to cutie pie it up some! Really?? Really? Is there time for that mess? LOL

In a few short weeks I am bringing a brand new person into this house. Into my bedroom. My bedroom? The bedroom with dusty walls painted a color I once loved, but now (just in the past few months so we are blaming it on baby hormones) can't stand! Really? Into a bedroom where the clutter comes to rest. I really want it to be cute. Heck, I want it to be clean and organized but my heart is longing for cute.



Dare I mention the nesting instinct that has me wanting to redo the kids bedrooms, the kitchen, the garden..... dare I? Do you think I could bottle some of this up and carry it into the future? A future where every bend and squat does not bring some tinge of pain? A future where I don't get exhausted just thinking about wiping the bathroom counters down? I love the nesting motivation it's just the timing that stinks. LOL
Lest, you think I am complaining too much I would like to say most of this post is tongue in cheek. I am saying it with a wistful smile and a giggle. Yes, it's frustrating. But it's also new to me and kind of fun. I'm enjoying most of the pregnancy stuff. Even the aches and pains are welcome because it means that my body is doing something new and different. Growing a person. We have not tried that before. :)
Also I am reaching out to some mom who thinks she has to do it all. Homeschool the kids, keep the house clean and organized and decorated, cook full meals, and grow a person. Sometimes we have to throw our hands up and say.. not today. And sometimes we have to take one week to do a project that should only take about two hours. :)

3 comments:

  1. Boy I can understand. I have a garage wall that should only take a weekend to put up and it is taking over a year to get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds about right. lol {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  3. dottie, your garage wall! I love it! It will be done one day and be fabulous!!
    Janel, I miss you my friend. I hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete