Wednesday, January 20, 2010

For This Child..

I have prayed!
Oh how the words of Hannah's heart speak to me today.
What a blessing and a joy to be the bearer of a special person from God.
The ultrasound today was FANTASTIC! I was so pleased with the results. A few things to discuss and investigate further but most everything seemed fine.
In four weeks I go for a fetal echo cardiogram. And of course another picture of our newest blessing. I could have looked at baby all day long. :) Especially when baby waved. Awesome.
Now, for the surprises.
At my first OB appointment I was estimated to be between 10-12 weeks. Today my OB had put my estimated due date as July 26th. Imagine the joy I felt when the sonogram technician said they would have to knock some time off of my due date. A fully month. We are now looking at around June 24th. Yes, please. :) Do you realize I made it through almost the whole first trimester completely ignorant of the growing person inside of me? AMAZING!
The second surprise, floored DH and I. If you remember this post from a couple of years ago, God clearly pressed on my heart the name of a little boy. This was our promised baby. His name was straight from God. We just knew that Gideon would soon be joining our family. Well... Gideon will have to wait, because Miss Lily Grace is going to come first. A GIRL! I'm ecstatic! Have you seen how cute the baby girl clothes are?? Have you?? Of course the first thing I said was, " I don't think I can afford a girl!" LOL It was all with a smile and grin. Of course we can afford a girl. God has already planned on it. :)
How thrilled are mom and dad and sisters? The girls keep confirming her name. They are talking of dresses and pinks and purples. I see a girly explosion in our future.
How thrilled are the boys? Eh. They don't care. I for one am looking forward to watching them be big brothers to a little girl. Sounds like fun to me!
So thank you for all the prayers. Please continue to lift baby up as there is one thing we are not sure about. We are trusting God no matter what. I know that I will always have this baby girl. She is named. She is wanted. She is loved.

Be Blessed!

4 comments:

  1. I know I already said this but I'm still praying!! I'll keep praying!

    And I'm just so stinkin' happy for you~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie! I am so happy to hear about your ultrasound! What a blessing....time off for good behavior LOL, and a baby girl! I will continue to lift you up in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husbanad and I are following your progress and your updates enjoying the good news! We both laughed at "Gideon will have to wait" We had two girls and are thrilled now to have a boy growing, your due date is only a little after ours (the 15th of June)I am so happy for you! and little Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! Trish I am watching you grow as well. So excited for you.
    Bren, LOL, I love the time off for good behavior!
    Lori, is this more incentive for a trip in January?? ;)

    ReplyDelete