Saturday, February 7, 2009

Our Marriage Verses

Last night Roy and I sat and talked for a long while. As we read through the Bible together a few times I found a few verses that I'd marked as "The Perfect Marriage". We read through those verses and we decided that they would be our Marriage Verses.

Philippians 2:1-4, "If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others."

What better expression of love then esteeming your partner better than yourself? If every day I put Roy before myself and he puts me before himself what kind of Holy marriage could we have?

I plan to write the verse out and mount it in our bedroom as well as with our family vision statement.

We might not always be successful in following the verse, but if we strive for it daily our marriage will still be better and stronger.

Be Blessed!

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome verse. Thank you for sharing.
    Everyday I wake up thinking "What can I do for Jesus today?" Somedays it might be something for my family and then other days it ends up being for perfect strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mrs. Laura. I love the way God is showing me new things this year.

    ReplyDelete