Monday, February 23, 2009

In themes...

Last year I noticed a theme in my life. God was teaching me about righteousness. There are two verses that really stood out to me during that time period.
Genesis 15:6, "And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness."
Matthew 6:33, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
Now, I'm no great Biblical scholar by any means, but I wanted to just focus on something God taught me with those verses.
The first verse was when Abram and God were talking and God was telling Abram to look toward the sky. To see all the stars. God was promising Abram that his descendants would compare in number to the stars in the sky. Abram was childless at this point. But he still believed that God would do what He said He would do. He believed in the LORD and it was counted to him for righteousness.
I have to believe that God is who He say He is, and will do what He says He will do. I have to believe in the Lord.
It's easy to say that as a Christian, of course I believe in God. But then I have to put that faith in action and let God be God in my life.
Which brings me to the next verse. Matt. 6:33.



This verse was an assurance that God has everything under control. He know our needs. He even knows our wants. The only thing we need to do is seek after God and His righteousness. That's brought me to my new theme for this year. Eyes on Jesus. Thoughts on Jesus. Heart on Jesus. I am reorganizing my WHOLE life to focus on Jesus.
Paul Washer has helped. My preacher has helped. I have already started questioning some of the shows and movies I watch. The thoughts I think. The way I respond to others. It's an amazing journey when you try to line up every minute of your life with Jesus.
Soon, I will post about guarding our minds. My next post will be some recipes I promised. I'm so excited about the journey God has me on right now. Journaling it here helps me to lock some of it down to track my growth and maturity. If a year from now I am still listening to the same bad advice or watching the same television programs I will know that I am not on the right track.
I am no theologian or Biblical scholar. Just someone hungering and thirsting for righteousness. :)
Be Blessed!



No comments:

Post a Comment