Monday, February 16, 2009

Around the house...

We have had a busy time of it this weekend. My absolutely fabulous husband pulled up the carpet in our great room. Even though we are living on concrete right now it's just so nice to be rid of the yucky stained carpet. I cleared our hallway and dining room. How nice. We had all of our craft stuff in the dining room which really closed it up. Now I have a 4 drawer dresser to hold table linens and a shelf to hold homeschool paper and books. Its so comfortable in there now. Our hallway was packed with all the stuff from the great room from when we started pulling up carpet a few weeks ago. Now its all moved back into place and the craft cabinets are lined up neatly in the hallway.

Our Valentine's day was fantastic. My mom and brother came over and we had Surprise Stroganoff. The surprise? It was made with chicken with looked and tasted like beef. YUM! I will post the recipe sometime this week. We also had corn and Mile High Lime Pie. That was made with cool whip and food coloring and sweetened condensed milk. Roy made fun of me the whole time because I NEVER use those ingredients anymore. But I figure once every now and then won't kill us and it was so yummy.


Last night after the kids were in bed and Roy was paying some bills, I started cleaning out the cabinets. Due to a little bug problem we had I am rewashing all of my pans and serving bowls. I am almost done with that. I'm also organizing where we store them a little better. I have to do some more cleaning up around the Great Room and the Play Room, but all in all the main areas of my house are company ready. Did you hear that? I want to cry. I can't remember the last time the main areas of my house have been company ready. Just ignore the concrete and don't open the bedroom doors. :)]
Be Blessed.

1 comment:

  1. You got a lot done!Congratulations!If you have time could you give the recipe for the Mile High Lime Pie? Sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete