Sunday, November 2, 2008

Christian Revolution

See the kids above? Those are my kids. Those are the kids that are going to grow up in this world. It's up to my husband and I to teach them the Word. To teach them to serve God and love Him with all their heart, soul, mind, and body.

The other day DH and I were talking about what our forefathers would have done if they were alive today. Dh summed it up in one word. He said they would start a Revolution. These men knew what it was to be persecuted for their beliefs. To be willing to put their lives on the line for future generations.


True heroes. What are we willing to fight for? What are we willing to take on the powers of darkness for? It's not about an election. It's not about economy. It's about hitting the streets to tell others about Jesus. It's about raising up children who know the TRUTH. It's about saying, "No!" to apathy and compromise of our beliefs.




Some fear the persecution Christians might face under Obama.
Romans 5:3-5, "And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."

Would persecution not get the fat, lazy, apathetic Christians up and moving?

Before someone shows up at my door thinking I want to overthrow the government let me clarify. I believe we as Christians need to hit our knees and pray. If Tuesday night I find out Barak Obama is my President I will pray for him every night. I will respect him. I might not agree with him, but you won't (I pray) hear me badmouthing him.
I also believe we need to take responsibility for raising our kids. If you must send them to public school and you think youth group is great, fine. Please just make sure you spend as much time at home teaching them the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Teach them about true heroes, of the faith and our country. Don't just assume they are getting all of their education at these other places.
Husbands and wives come together and unite. Stand up for families and marriage by being the example.
Wives, allow your husband to lead your family. When you give up control it's such a refreshing change. It's still SO hard some days, but in the end it all works out. :)
Teach your children to be respectful, obedient and strong.
Know the Bible. Read the Bible. Soak in it. If you have small children, place your open Bible somewhere you spend a lot of time. The kitchen, the bathroom, the schoolroom... catch glimpses of the Word throughout the day. Write scriptures on index cards and carry them around. Soaking up God's word and memorizing.
Read the Bible with and to your children. Memorize scriptures together.
Let's revolt against this world. Let's say "No!" to anything that goes against God's Word. Let's be different.





6 comments:

  1. Oh, what a great post!!! We feel like either elected candidate is for our judgement. I too, think Christians need a "Wake Up Call". Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You radical you. lol

    Gosh, I wish you lived closer. We could have some incredible discussions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well said Julie!!!

    Leigh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post! Hubby and I were talking on our way to vote about how God is always in control and why we Christians seem to forget that things are going to get much worse in this sick, flawed world before they get better (we get to heaven or the second coming) and seem so fearful of how bad it is/can/could be.

    Gone are the days when we can assume that we live in a Christian nation and can trust the teachings and interactions of others with our children. We must be proactive and protective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Post and excellent advise. connie from texas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Trixie, HA! We actually voted third party this election in fear of God's judgement.

    Janel, I learned from the best. LOL
    Maybe we can visit sometime. That would be fun. You could sew me an apron while I sit and talk. Good times. LOL

    Leigh, thanks!

    Amy, yes! As I sat through this election and thought about the men who died for this country it made me cry. I vowed that when we get to American history my kids are going to KNOW the forefathers of this country. AND I mean KNOW them.

    dotblogger, great verse. Thanks for sharing.

    Miss, Connie, as always thank you! I love getting any feedback from you. I love your wisdom.
    On another note, I did not realize you had a cooking blog. It looks awesome. I can't wait to look around more over there.

    ReplyDelete