Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Why I read blogs.

I have been fighting a cold the past few days. Last week was hectic and I found myself running around in circles trying to get everything done. Today as I caught up on some blog reading I smiled as I realized why I enjoy others blogs so much.
First they keep me grounded. Reading about someone else yelling at their kids or watching helplessly as the toilet over flowed just makes me sigh. I guess my every day life is not so different from others.
Second, I cherish the advice. Growing up my mother had to work to support us. She did not have the skills of a homemaker to pass on to me nor would I have listened. When she did try to teach me anything I usually had something better to do. I was never disciplined to learn how to take care of a home. Two days before my wedding I ran to my mom asking her how to sew on a button. I was in a panic, because what kind of wife cant sew on a button. Yeah that was the most important thing to learn. (Sarcasm) Blogs are great places to learn new things.
Third, it motivates me. I can read certain blogs and as soon as I get about one post in I have to jump up and do something. I get excited about keeping my home nice. I get excited about saving money.
Fourth, I love being around women who understand why my kids sit with us in big church. Why I am homeschooling. Why I dont let my kids laze around all day and make them help out. Its nice to be reaffirmed every now and then instead of constantly torn down. Next to my husband I have about a handful of friends who understand and support what we are doing.

I try not to compare myself to others. I try not to make my life fit someone elses. I am learning as I go.
I enjoy reading blogs and Im glad I have time in my day to spend a few minutes chatting over the fence with some of my cyber neighbors.

Be Blessed!

4 comments:

  1. And you are doing a great job!!! Plus, I love you blog! :)

    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, JUST CAME ACROSS YOUR BLOG. I LOVE IT! I HAVE SUCH A HEART TO ADOPT ONE DAY, AND HAVE SEVERAL FRIENDS WHO HAVE, AND ONE CLOSE FRIEND WHO WILL HAVE HER BABY VERY SOON. JUST WANTED TO INTRODUCE MYSELF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Leigh, I love your blog. ;)
    Jesnicole, thanks for the intro. I love meeting people who want to adopt. Im adopted and adopted my kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is so refreshing. It is so nice to read of others who share the same values that we cherish in our own family.

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete