Thursday, January 24, 2008

This and That

I have spent much of this month really trying to get my home in order. Thats why I have not been around much lately.
We are struggling with some issues with our oldest girl again, but God has given us peace that we will get through this. We know that we battle not against flesh and blood...so that helps a lot. We spend time each night praying scriptures over our children. We use the book from Doorposts called Instruction for Rightousness. We pick out a specific behavior problem in each child and go through the verses listed praying over them. There are also stories from the Bible that touch on that particular behavior. We rotate through those for each child. Its kind of complicated sounding but we love it.
I finally found some time to dig out my Nourishing Traditions book again. I'm trying some whole wheat sour dough bread. I have the starter sitting right now I think probably Monday I will be ready to make my first loaf. I'm not sure about it though because we are not sour dough people. I wanted to try it though. I'm going to pick out some more recipes to try. I was looking at the recipes on cookingtf.com but she moved them all to subscription. I cant get a subscription right now, so I am back to winging it. *Sigh* I wish I could find someone locally who practices NT I would love to have a mentor. Hmm.. maybe I will add that to my prayer list. The more I read and research the more I want to at least use NT as a baseline for how we eat.
I want to finish an apron I started working on in December this month so I better get on the ball. I cleared away some clutter in my room so I can now resume that project.
I took a knitting class in December and the lady that taught it said that she teaches private lessons for 3 skeins of yarn an hour. I'm thinking about calling her up and checking on that. I need some more instruction.
I'm working my way through my Square Foot Gardening book and getting more and more excited. I got some organic seed catalogs and I have already picked out a few things I want to try.
All in all I should have a lot of blog fodder in the coming months. I just hope I have time to use it.

Be Blessed

6 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you Julie.

    Someday I may actually get myself a copy of NT ~ I've heard great things about it!

    You and your family (especially your eldest) will be in my prayers!
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe there is a very active NT discussion board at mothering.com in the nutrition section of the discussion boards. I'm sure they would have lots of advice and recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that I had to close down my recipe archive and make it subscription only- plagiarism and other people making profit off of my work is what ultimately closed it. Send me an e-mail and I'll help you out. kerryann@cookingtf.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon, I found that link right before you posted. Isn't that funny. Of course you always know about things right before I do. LOL.
    Lori, thanks for the prayers. NT is a lot to take in, but I do enjoy it in bits and pieces.
    Kerry, I already emailed you. I just wanted everyone else to know that I really really understand about going subscription. Im sorry. I was just sad I did not get to try out some of your yummy looking recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just for the record, Julie, Anon above was not me. :D But I am glad they shared that! Hope all is well.

    You are in our prayers,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANKS FOR THE SWEET COMMENT! HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY. :)

    ReplyDelete