Monday, April 16, 2007

Slow Monday

We seem to be getting a slow start around here today. I opened my eyes this morning and did a double take. It was already 9:45am. I hurriedly dressed and rushed to find out why my baby was not screaming. He was still asleep also. LOL. The girls were all laying in bed reading and my little boy was asleep still. I guess we had a long weekend. But we are all up now. The kids are finishing breakfast and then it will be chore time. We will just follow our routine. We will skip our morning walk and probably not get as much schoolwork done as I like, but its ok. Apparently we all needed the extra rest.

I have a lot to get done this week.
Adrian got a train table and a big Thomas the train set for his birthday. We made a space for it behind our couch.
I need to finish getting some clutter out of the great room though so the kids have plenty of room to play and we can actually walk around in here.
My computer desk is sagging under the weight of all the different papers it is holding so I need to go through those and get rid of what we dont need to keep and file what we do.
We have portfolio reviews on Wednesday for homeschool so I need to make sure our portfolios are in order. I also need to work on a reading list since I forgot to keep one this year. Yes, I know, Im a terrible homeschool mommy. Actually I never thought about it til the evaluator reminded me to bring my reading list.
And of course the everyday things of washing dishes and laundry.
Im hoping to get into the boy's room and give it a good cleaning this week also. Its gotten very cluttered and I need to go on a search and recovery mission for underwear. The last two loads my four year old has brought me to wash has had a total of three underwear. Thats the first clue that the boys room needs to be cleaned. LOL.
Karly is having a birthday on Thursday and a birthday party on Saturday. Just cake and ice cream at grandma's house for family and friends. She is so excited about it. I will make her cupcakes for Thursday and then I am making a cake for Saturday's party. She will be getting a sewing machine and kids sewing lessons from Joannes on Thursday from her daddy and I. She starts her sewing lesson on Saturday. They will be making a pillow. Im so impressed with how many kids classes they have there. They have knitting, quiliting, crocheting. Im excited for her, because momma is a slow learner and not ready to teach anyone any of these skills. Im actually considering taking the sewing class there for adults. Even though I had a sewing class already. I dont remember much from it. Ok well its time to get started on morning chores.

Be Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment