Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Just a question...

Is anyone else alarmed by the amount of ignorance and apathy that is being seen more and more in the Christian community?
There are projects in the works right now that will be the beginning of the end for us and no one I talk to even knows about them. Heck, I did not know about them until about a year ago. Sneaking them in, sneaking them in.
We had a 10 almost 11 year old boy say something the other day that some people have never caught on to.
He said movies are changing so much. They used to bombard us with blood and violence and gore and now all the movies have gay people.
Did you notice that?
We grew accustomed to seeing the blood and violence and gore. We accepted it. Now its on prime time TV every night.
Now we are going being conditioned or have been conditioned to accept homosexuality. Churches are fighting over whether this is something we should condone or not. WHAT?! Can we not call sin, sin anymore?
Do you understand that one day it will be illegal to tell my children that homosexuality is wrong? Do you know there is a group of people called NAMBLA. You want to know what those letters stand for? North American Man Boy Love Association. In a nutshell NAMBLA wants to allow boys to give consent for sexual relations with men. Apparently we are oppressing our boys with this age limit thing. Did you know NAMBLA existed before now?
Do you know that with the new Hippa laws your 16 year old daughter can make it so you cant get any of her medical information without her consent. Yes, even if she is on your insurance. Yes, she could go to the doctor for an abortion or birth control and you would have no way of knowing. She could get treated for an STD and you would not have any RIGHT to know.
Do you know about the UN Rights Of A Child act? Its funny because I have read through a few different parts of it. Even dragging myself to the UN website *shudders*. It sounds great on paper. Fortunatly the lawyers at HSLDA have read through it and reported the cons of it.
If the United States becomes affiliated with the UN Rights of a Child act we could loose the right to "impose" our religion and morals on our children. We could loose the right to discipline our children in the way we choose. For some of us who believe in the the words of Proverbs we would loose Biblical discipline. We would literally have to hate our children, because thats what Proverbs says of the man who spares his child discipline. Have you looked into the UN Rights of a Child?
What about something a little bit more subdued?
Divorce? Do you know that divorce is higher among Christians right now? Christians? Doesnt God hate divorce? Yes, but God does not want us to be unhappy. I know two beautiful intelligent children whose home was recently ripped apart by divorce. The son just recently went from being an honor roll, all around good Christian kid to stealing his mom's car, having sexual intercourse with a girl, and dropping grades. People would argue that this couple should not have stayed together because they always fought and the wife was demeaning. It was not healthy for the children. Apparently it was more healthy than divorce.
GOD HATES DIVORCE! GOD HATES DIVORCE! If you stand up before God on your wedding day and vow to love, honor, and cherish the person in front of you til the day you die, you better durn skippy be ready to do that. God takes our vows and promises very seriously.
I have links and verses to add. Im tired and heading to bed. Im going to release this without it being complete because I am seriously interested in your thoughts pro and con. I want to know. Also if you know of something that I should know about please tell me. I dont want to be ignorant and apathetic. And lest anyone say anything. I am not perfect. I am washed in the blood of Jesus. Saved by the one who takes away all my sins. I am grateful for it every second of every minute of every hour of every day. But for the grace of God would I be a lost sinner living like a lost sinner.
I promise to soon be back to just journaling my life. I like the light side of things just as much as the next person. This is just something I needed to say. Something I needed to put out there for whatever reason.


Please be blessed!

3 comments:

  1. It is sad that we have come to a point where nothing shocks us anymore. We have come to expect the ridiculous immorality of the world, and say, well, that's just the way it is. I know that it is NOT the way it should be, but I also admit that it is very hard to unlearn something. This is a huge area in my life that I need to work on. Thanks for posting (and venting!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY agree!!! It is crazy. It has gotten to a point, even in my my own congregation, that I feel muzzled (by my own fears) because I don't want to offend anyone! That is wrong! We have to stand up for the truth and teach people that sin is wrong! Suddenly "sin" is a bad word.

    Anyway, I loved your post! Very though provoking!!

    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree!!!

    This country is in sad shape. You aren't even allowed to call wrong, wrong anymore! Let alone call it SIN. And thats what it is.

    Great post!!

    Staci

    ReplyDelete