Friday, September 8, 2006

Suggestions, please?

I have really missed doing school this week. But I am so excited that we will be starting again next week with a whole new look about us. I do have a question for the pros. I am looking at these tables here as individual school tables for the two older children. Any thoughts? I also have the option of getting another big table. A large rectangular one that we can all sit at. If I get the individual tables I will get a smaller table to do group work and arts and crafts. So any suggestions? Right now I have the 6 year old and the 9 year old. I am doing preschool with the 3 year old and the almost 5 year old. Oh they are getting a small table for thier use.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am also interested in learning more about tables. I just started preschool with my toddlers, and we do it at the kitchen table (round glass) which works for us right now. Sam's Club (and amazon.com) has a rectangular table that is about 3ft x 2 feet called Lifetime. The legs fold up so you can store it, and the best part is that the legs adjust from preschool to adult height. I got it originally to use for school, thinking the 2 of them would sit at it, and I'd stand in front of them and teach. Ha ha. :) Right now, they need me to sit with them, and they need plenty of room to spread out. Instead, I use it to scrapbook with a friend sometimes. You might want to try sitting at your dining table one day and then try a set up where each child has their own area and see which works best. I think those you linked to online look too small unless they are just going to have 1 small book. I'd feel cramped. I saw a very neat kidney shaped table (do a search for school tables) that is my dream for when I have room for it! If you remember, when you find a table that works, please leave me a note so I can see too. I don't read blogs every day, and I don't want to miss it. Thanks!
    Honey lipslikehoney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete