Sunday, November 20, 2005

Whats In A Name and It Might Be a Boy

Well A's mom told our worker that she is having a little boy and she wants hubby and I to pick out a name for him. Allow me to be transparent for a moment. Im so in love with this maybe fictional little guy that every time I think about him my heart pounds and I get tears in my eyes. I pray all the time that God will keep my baby safe and healthy. Im trying to hold on to that last shred of reality that says dont believe anything until you have him in your arms. I know if there is no baby that God has another one waiting for us somewhere but this little guy has wormed his way into my heart. When I look at my sweet blond haired, blue eyed two year old I think about what his little brother might look like. For those who dont know me personally trust me when I say that A is one cute little bugger. He has dimples and a smile and a personality and he is just one special little guy. Will his brother be like him? So goes our life! :)

Im going to reveal some names to you all today. I have kept them hidden but now with adoptions right around the corner I have been busy with a project. We are going to be changing our girls middle names and A's middle name too. Plus I have been looking at baby names. We want names that mean something. If our daughters or sons asked us why they were given the names they have I can tell them the meaning of the name their mothers gave them and then the meaning of the name I gave them. I will be telling you first names and then moving on with what some of the names I have found for a middle name and thier meaning. Now some of these names are funny. I liked the meaning a lot but will not be using them. I have a dear sweet hubby who will veto half to all of the names so dont fear when you see them. Ok here we go. Let me know what you think.

For the eight year old.
Her name is Karly which means "little, womanly" as best as I can find out. They did not have a meaning for that actual name that I could find but this was from a name Karly is derived from.
For a middle name I thought about who she is. God is important to her and I think she is very close to becoming a believer. She is also full of love and very lovable. Here are some middle names.
Christiana - "Christian"
Amanda- "Love, Worthy of Love, Precious thing"
Janisa - "Funny, loveable, hyper child" This made me laugh because she is all of these!
Liese- "Beloved by God"
Tesia - "loved by God"
Vevina - "Sweet Lady"

For the five year old.
Her name is Kelsie. The best meaning I could find was "beautiful Island". Searching for hers was a lot like Karly's because they did not have an actual meaning for her name just some different versions and what that meant and were derived from. She is my beautiful, graceful, peaceful, quiet child. Here are some middle names.
Keely- "beautiful and graceful"
Kisalyn- "Beautiful bearer of Christ"
Serena - "Peaceful one, Calm"
Anika -" Very beautiful, graceful"
Annabelle/a - "grace and Beauty"
Charrise - "grace, beauty, kindness"
Nina- "grace"
Roseanne- "graceful lamb"
Seanna- "God's Grace"
Christine - "Christ bearer"

For the four year old.
Her name is Tamara. Her name means "palm tree, spice" :(. I think we should change her first name!!! LOL She has the face and smile of an angel. She is just as sweet and as loveable as the day is long! Some middle names for her.
Parisa - "angelic face" this is my personal favorite because it fits her so well but never fear hubby vetoed this one in his sleep. LOL
Angelica - "Angelic"
Angelina- "Little Angel"
Evangeline- "Like an angel"
Neria - "Lamp of God, angel" I love this one too but its such an odd name!

For the two year old.
His name is Adrian. It means rich, wealthy, dark one. He is obsitinate, ornery, strong willed....beautiful, loving, sweet, handsome, charming....
Middle names.
I found one right away and knew it was for my little boy.
Charles - "Manly, strong" I have to run it by hubby but I think this will be his new middle name.

For our baby, Lord willing.
My personal favorite
Jonathon - "Gift of God"
David -"Beloved One"

Caleb- "Bold"
Michael- "Who is Like God"

Paul- "Little One"
Christopher- "Christ Bearer"

Well there you have it. You know who KA, KE, T, and A are. C is still a mystery because he is going home soon. Please let me know what you think of the names. Tell me your favorites. Make fun of the ones you dont like...with taste please.
Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you can delete this comment after I make it and you read it. I just had to let you know to be careful about calling your children "Little Buggers." I used this phrase once while I was overseas and I got raised eyebrows all around! My host pulled me aside and told me that in England, Scotland, Ireland and Australia, "bugger" is another term for the f-word!! I turned 100 shades of red! I thought it just meant "critter" or something along those lines! I could hardly believe I used something THAT vulgar in front of all those British people and didn't even know it! Thankfully, they forgave me for being an "ignorant yank."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie. Wow, just read the comment before - I had no idea! Have to be careful what you say in other countries I guess! My personal favories are "Karly Liese" and "Kelsie Seanna"

    Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. The names I like are:

    -Karly Amanda(I think the meaning of Amanda is so special--('worthy of love' and 'precious'--anytime she felt bad she would only have to think of her middle name)

    -Kelsie Christine

    -Tamara Evangeline (I also like the name 'Elisabeth' with this name but it isn't on your list.)

    -Jonathan Caleb

    Thanks for letting us give an opinion. This was fun!

    ReplyDelete