Thursday, November 17, 2005

Update on our children

I talked to the social worker for the girls yesterday. She has nine adoptions on her plate right now on top of all her other cases. She is working like gang busters to get this one through. She said we are at the top of her list. We might have to wait until January due to some technical difficulties, but Im ok with that as long as it gets done!

Now, our surprise of the week. We went to court for A on Tuesday. We were hoping for a termination of parental rights trial, but his parents were not there. Our worker went by their house to inform them of the trial because they have to be given notice and the place was vacant. The mom called me Fri night and left a message so I gave that number to our worker. If we dont find mom and dad and serve them with the papers we have to wait an additional thirty days for a "dilligent search" search to be made. Anyways, we got our case pushed back to Nov 29. The state appointed lawyer for the mom stops hubby and me on the way out and says he needs to speak with us. He tells us mom wants us to adopt A and his sibling due Jan 11. We dont know for sure if she is pregnant. She has told the caseworker she is but never gave any proof of it. We are trying not to get our hopes up at this point because a million things could happen to change things between now and January...if she even is pregnant. :P
As far as we know she has not given up her bad habits of drugs, drinking and smoking and has had little to no prenatel care so we have been praying for the health of the unborn baby.

We are heading out to North Carolina next week for Thanksgiving with my friend and her family. I have so much to do between now and then. I am so excited. She of course will cook a huge meal and we will stuff ourselves silly and I have already decided that Weight Watchers does not apply on Thanksgiving. I will jump back on program on Friday... I hope. LOL! I have lost 6.2 pounds so far and would like to continue to see a downward spiral.
Ok I better get going busy day of sewing ahead. :)

3 comments:

  1. Whatcha sewing? :-)


    ~WanderingHomemaker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie
    congrats on your six pounds. Thats awesome. Just keep it up - small increments each week add up to big losses after a while. This time of year has been VERY difficult for me eating wise. There are soo many eating opportuntities and so much good stuff. Enjoy yourself at Thanksgiving and then get back on the problem - in other words, allow yourself to LIVE..just make it the exception rather than the rule! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sunshine. It usually takes me forever to hit five pounds so I was excited that I stayed on track so far! :)
    WH I sewed some skirts for my girls. For 20.00 I sewed up 10 skirts for them at a length I was happy with..well I actually only sewed up 4 but I have some more material and plan on finishing them up this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete