Wednesday, November 9, 2005

Not much going on here...

We are all on the road to recovery from a bad bout with the infamous head colds. Our kitchen sink is backed up and dishes are piling up. I wanted to do them in the bathtub but hubby said, "EWWWW!" so thats out. He said he does not want the dishes anywhere near the bathroom. Maybe I can take them outside and do them in a bucket? He is going to try to get an auger and get rid of the clog himself. My mom paid a plumber 125.00 to use an auger, we found them for about 18.00. Hubby has used one before so he is pretty confident that there should be no problems. The children seem to be doing well, though the two year old gave us a scare. He fell down at grandma's and hurt his wrist, though he is doing better now, but I thought for sure it would be my first trip to the ER with a child. My five year old seems to get sick quicker than anyone else in the house. She has missed a lot of school it seems like but she is always the first to catch anything going around. In perspective she has not really missed that much school but more than I think is normal. I cant send her to school sick though! Im just not that kind of momma. In my house when you are sick enough to put yourself to bed you get 5 star hotel treatment. I hate it when one of my children are sick, I suffer right along with them. The two year old woke up in the middle of the night crying and coughing. I ended up setting up the play pen in our room and letting him sleep close by. It turned out to be a good thing because his blanket kept getting twisted up and all mommy had to do to make him feel better was fix the blankie and stroke his sweet face.
Ok well I am off to lysol the house...again..and change bed sheets..again...
What can I say I love being a mommy! In sickness and in health!

5 comments:

  1. Oh yes the colds...we are battling that now as well...hope we all get over it soon! It's hard on those little ones.

    Also my blog is moving:
    www.xanga.com/blessed_mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of your new blog. Do I have to join xanga to comment? I tried to comment but it asked for username and password. I dont mind joining because you are one of the best classical minded Christian homeschoolers I have met and I look forward to asking you many many questions! :)
    I am sending get well prayers your way as well!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I should have just hit subscribe..Im in. Ignore my comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you could use a break after all that! hope your day is better now (hug)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie: This if off-topic....I liked your latest post on Crystal's site about 'should children be taken from their homes'. I noticed that you are a foster parent and that intrigued me because my husband and I have considered that but were a little scared of having the government intrude so much into our lives. I'm interested in whatever info you could give on your experience with being a foster parent.

    Thanks, and again, sorry for being off-topic.

    ReplyDelete