Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Who am I and why do I blog???

Wow what a busy few days I have had. I spent the weekend getting Prince Charming's Valentines day present ready. I put our family vision on a canvas for him. It says "Father grant my request that the number of descendants I have in heaven will equal the number I have on earth." We came up with this vision one night while talking about the verse, Proverbs 29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he. I am so excited to be on this journey with that man of mine. By the way this is what I was buying at Joanne's the other day.
Last night was sewing class. We are finishing up our pillows. I started my ruffle. To do the ruffle you have to sew two loose hems and then pull them so that the material gathers. Hmm.... not to sure about this. Today as the girls and I watched Sara: Plain and Tall I tried to work on pulling the hem out and discovered that I missed a WHOLE section sewing the hems. Sigh... so now I have to rip some of the seam out with my handy dandy seam ripper and redo that section. I will conquer this pillow!
**********************************************************************************
Here is something I noticed since children have come into my life. God is still working on me. Of course He has always been working on me but see since the children have come it seems I notice it a lot more. I think its because I want to badly to raise them for the glory of God that when I mess up or there is an area in my life that is sinful I really really notice it. I seem to be answering to God for more than I used to. Just scroll down through my previous blog posts and you will see what I am talking about. This is me being real. Im trying to share with you all some of the trials I have been or am going through in hope that maybe you can skip that particular trial. I love to read stuff from other Christian women. Do you know what I do with the knowledge I glean from these women? STORE IT! PRACTICE IT! PASS IT ON! Oh how grateful I am for the many internet sights devoted to Christian women. Sometimes I feel like I am just babbling, but believe me when I say Im really trying to make a point. :O)
Titus 2:4-5 says That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. I believe it is speaking to older women physically and spiritually. I am farther along in my spiritual journey than some women (and lagging way behind many many more) so I believe that I need to share some of the wisdom God has given me.
**********************************************************************************
Here is my testimony. I figure I better give some background on myself. . I was born in December 1978. I am adopted and was taken home to be with my adopted parents when I was 4 days old. The very first Sunday I was alive I was at church. So goes the story of my life. My very loving, devoted parents made sure I spent more time at church than anywhere else. I had two godly set of grandparents to pray, pray, pray over me. My dad's dad was a Southern Baptist preacher from Alabama and my mom's dad was an ordained deacon. I was six years old when I asked Jesus to be the Lord and Savior of my life. I dont remember much of it. Of course for this reason I have always had doubts about my salvation. I cant tell you the number of times I have quoted Romans 10:9 (that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved) to myself.
My husband (who was saved in his early twenties) and I have had many discussions on this and here is the conclusion I came to. Those of us saved at a young age dont really understand what we were saved from, so it makes it harder for us to understand salvation. I have had many friends who were Christians "thier whole lives" (meaning they were saved young and grew up in church) believe me when I tell you this group is the one most guilty of taking our salvation for granted.
You see, I know that I am saved. In my head everything is right, but in my heart sometimes I let the great deciever shed some doubt. My sweet husband does not understand this doubt because he remembers the time right after he was saved. The tears at the awesome love of God, the total saturation of scripture, and finding God in everything. I dont remember anything about right after I got saved. I remember being baptized but I dont remember the "feelings". I work hard NOW at having a close relationship with God.
I know I was saved because I saw God and still see Him doing an awesome work in my life from the tender age of six. I know I am saved because I desire to serve God and to walk with Him.
I would never want to have waited until I was "older" to get saved. I believe that I was saved from many evils of this world because I was God's child. My husband has shared with me his feelings after getting saved. How he felt like he'd missed out on some great stuff. How he felt betrayed and lied to by his "church" because they never told him about this personal relationship he could have with God. I would not want to have missed out on anything God has brought to my life because I am His child. I pray that my own children will recieve salvation at an early age. I also pray that there will be some way for me to teach them about what a wonderful gift salvation truly is and that they have such a strong faith that they dont doubt. But if they do I will listen and know exactly what they are speaking of.

No comments:

Post a Comment