Wednesday, February 9, 2005

Idleness


Last night was my 4th week of sewing class. We are working on pillows. I decided to make a pillow for 4 year old K's birthday bedroom makeover. I got some pink, purple, and green plaid like pattern with the pink being the dominant color. And purple gingham for the ruffle. I think it is going to be really cute and shabby country looking... :) Her comforter is going to be purple gingham and so will her curtains. My mom is making a wall hanging that is actually kinda Eastery but it has all the right colors in it (purple, pink and green). It also has all these praises to the Lord on it. "He is risen", "Lamb of God" and a few others that I cant remember off the top of my head. Im really excited about her room. Of course I have to make three pillows and three comforters and three of all the other stuff I want to make for her bed because she shares/will be sharing the room with both of her sisters.
Have you ever heard of freecycle.org? I love this place! I get tons of emails everyday with people giving away stuff. If I see something I would like to have I email that person and they decide who gets it. Sometimes I get what I ask for sometimes not. I was really disappointed because someone was giving away Disney 5 day parkhopper passes and DH and I have really been wanting to take the children. I even played my fosterparent card which I try not to do, but alas there was a better home for the tickets and I did not get them. BUT I did get a blue and white striped comfy couch! WooHoo! It is dirty and needs a good cleaning but Im excited to have it.
But where will this new couch go? You may wonder. Well since we dont have cable and dont watch a lot of television we have put the TV, VCR, DVD in the closet in our playroom. I can just close the doors and its out of sight but alas Prince Charming and I like to watch some shows and we love movies so its been kind of hard laying on the floor to watch the TV now we have a couch we can relax on! YEAH! Plus it will be fun to go in there with a book and lay on the couch while the kids play. Now I just have to figure out how to get it clean......
I made real mashed potatoes tonight but I did not have any milk... whats a girl to do??? For the liquid I used a little bit of chicken broth and for the creaminess I used about 1tblsp of cream cheese and 1 tblsp of sour cream. I mixed it all together in my wonderful kitchen aid stand mixer and the troops loved it!
**********************************************************************************
I have been meditating on a verse lately.
Proverbs 31: 27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
I have a serious problem with "idleness". I have asked and am asking the Lord every day to help me break free of this sin.
When I did a word search on our CD Rom of the Bible for Idleness here is another verse I found.
Ecclesiastes 10:18 By much slothfulness the building decayeth; and through idleness of the hands the house droppeth through.
My idleness makes my house a disaster. It puts everyone in a bad mood and it is so overwhelming. Hubby comes home and the kitchen table is piled high with junk, the floor is sticky, the living room is cluttered and he cant even get into our bedroom. Then I get mad when he suggests maybe I should find a job. What do I expect? He sure doesnt see that I have accomplished anything at home on days like that.
I believe that women are to be keepers at home as outlined in Titus 2:5, but what my husband sees when he comes home sometimes is a "sleeper at home". The Lord has really dealt with me in this area lately and I am praising Him for it. But, see this week while I was sick I seriously fell off the bandwagon. The kitchen was a mess and the living room looked terrible. I finally sat up today and said enough and began work in the kitchen. I cleaned off all the counters and the stove. Did dishes. Swept and mopped and cooked a very nice dinner. When hubby came home he was thrilled. The rest of the house needs to catch up and thats what I will be doing the next few days but at least I can go to bed tonight with peacefulness because today was not an idle day. And hey Im even starting to feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment